Bunnies Drowned in Ohio Petland - Contains pics of dead buns

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanessa

Look at the grin on her disgusting face - I could really do some damage if I ever came in contact with her. For any of our members on this forum in Ohio, you might want to keep an eye out for her.
Just another reason not to support pet stores that sell animals. I don't care that 99.99999% of the employees aren't capable of this type of cruelty - even ONE is too many. And we all know that she isn't the first and won't be the last to pull a stunt like this with animals.
BOYCOTT ALL SALES OF ANIMALS IN PETSTORES!

Edited to add the store's specific information...
Petland at 2000 Brittain Road, # 71, Akron, OH 44310 (330) 633-5677

The PETA Files: Bunnies Drowned at Ohio Petland

Bunnies Drowned at Ohio Petland

This photo was taken in the back room of a Petland store in Akron, Ohio, and posted on Facebook by Elizabeth Carlisle, who can be seen grinning as she holds two dead, soaking-wet rabbits by the scruff of the neck—rabbits she just drowned while on Petland's time clock. On Carlisle's Facebook page, she confirmed a friend's guess that she had drowned these two rabbits and wrote, "[T]he manager took the pic for me. he reminded me that there were people outside as was swearing at them to just hurry up and die but then she was so kind as to take this picture."

These horrific deaths followed what was apparently an equally horrifying life for these rabbits. Other comments Carlisle posted made it clear that the rabbits were drowned after sustaining agonizing injuries when they were allowed to "attack and eat each other." The rabbits suffered from "deep wounds all over," "an eye missing," what Petland staff "suspected was a broken jaw," and paralysis from the waist down—injuries that would not have occurred had these animals been provided with proper care and supervision.

Undercover investigations have revealed time and time again that companies that breed and sell animals are concerned about profits, not animals' well-being. We are urging Petland to think long and hard about what this incident makes clear: The company has no business selling any animals.

To prevent future incidents like this one, please, never buy from pet stores and urge Petland at the very least to stop selling rabbits.

Posted by Liz Graffeo

edited to make picture a link 080509 0134 Eagle

I want to beat that grin off her face! :batbeat: :rant:

That is just so incredibly disturbing. I seriously may have nightmares of her hideous grin.

Binky Free Bunnies, no one can hurt you now. :cries:

:rant: that is so horrid :panic: wow i can not believe that. on top of it all posting it on facebook and being proud of it? ok some people have some issues in their heads they need to work out.

Can't charges be laid against her, the store manager and the store she works for?

Boycott buying pet store animals?
Boycott buying anything from pet stores!!
As far as pet stores and their employees are concerned, if you didn't support all of their practices, you wouldn't shop at their stores.
Edit: I have been told this by pet store employees.

You bring up a great point, SQ.

I'm emailing the Petland president right now and posted the story on the rabbit forum I frequent, many of them are emailing him as well.

SQ said:
Can't charges be laid against her, the store manager and the store she works for?

Boycott buying pet store animals?
Boycott buying anything from pet stores!!
As far as pet stores and their employees are concerned, if you didn't support all of their practices, you wouldn't shop at their stores.
Edit: I have been told this by pet store employees.

as do i wonder is anything going to be done by this?

i am so glad i get my supplies from a mill now other then a pet store so glad and the other items such as cages or accessories i most times get used now.

I just find it disgusting they are even capable of it. I feel so bad for all the animals who get treated like this.. it's just, ughh.

Look at the sickening grin, though. Don't you just love the fact that you have to live in your community with people like her? No wonder things are the way they are in many parts.
Here is all the information you need, from a friend of mine on FB...

EMAIL THIS LINK and INFO TO the AKRON, OH POLICE DEPARTMENT ([email protected]) and insist that Elizabeth Carlisle be arrested for felony animal abuse:
http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/08/b ... .php?c=pfs
State that she is 26 years old and this took place at the Petland at 2000 Brittain Road, # 71, Akron, OH 44310 (330) 633-5677

(CC the Mayor of Akron as well [email protected])

I would seriously rip that grin right off her face, she's lucky she's not in Newfoundland, because seriously that's just wrong.Though I know violence is just feeding into her sick sadistic mind, I bet there are a ton of people who would like to drown her and hold her up by the back of the neck and take pictures!!! :mad:

Anyone have the email for the humane society in that city as well?
The store manager needs to be charged as well and that store permanently shut down.
Those rabbits were ill and suffered neglect, etc before being killed.

This is exactly why I DO NOT shop at stores that have live animals. I do however go into these stores to check on the condition of the animals and if I see something wrong I will say something and if I have to I will raise HELL and make a huge scene because I fight for what I believe in.

I would get great pleasure out of drowning this girl, reviving her and the drowning her again over and over again. It is just disturbing and the way that those poor innocent creatures were pitted against one another to fight is just so appalling, I am physically sick to my stomach.

Human beings truly are the weaker species and it is just going to get worse and worse.

And you may say that me wanting to drown her makes me no better than her, well so be it. But let me tell you people usually have the ability to fight back when animals don't because they are dependant on us.

I feel the same way about children and older people as I do animals.

There is an Indian legend which says when a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into heaven. At the head of that bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based upon what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge... and which are turned away. I really, really hope this legend is TRUE!

I wrote a reply to this, posted it, and it said "post not specified".. damn!

I cant be arsed writing everything i just wrote a minute ago. But, WHY has she not had charges filed against her already? Also the manager, any other co-workers for not reporting it, and the store not in deep **** for this??
Her 'friends' on facebook are just as twisted for not doing anything about it either, even after she right out admitted what she had done

I found this googling

http://animalrightsdiscussion.com/Forum ... #post88175

Petland has long been under fire for buying animals from breeding mills, among other allegations, and PETA routinely receives complaints about deplorable conditions for animals at Petland stores across the U.S. It is clear that Petland has no business selling live animals, period, but in light of this cruelty case, we are renewing our call on Petland Founder Ed Kunzelman and Petland President Frank Diffata to end rabbit sales immediately, as other national pet store chains have recently done.

Please send polite comments to:

Ed Kunzelman, Founder and Chair
Frank Difatta, President
Petland USA
250 Riverside St.
Chillicothe, OH 45601
740-775-2464
800-221-5935
740-775-2575 (fax)
[email protected]

And a little more herre...

http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=13393

The employee has been fired and charged, the store has also been closed down. What I'm wondering is what about the person who took the photo? They should be held accountable as well. This doesn't change my opinion of Petland, I still will never give my business to them. If not because of this horrible tragedy then because of their Mill support.

http://www.petland.com/PetlandNews/Petl ... 0509-1.htm

Back