Brutus

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJP181

Hi all

I have a very sick rat at the Vets at the moment. He was diagnosed a week ago with a respiratory infection and treated for 7 days. There has been no improvement and after a CT scan and an Ultrasound scan they have found that he has heart failure. I have been to tge vets tonight and he is so poorly. The have started Frusemide injections to see if this can help him. He is only 1 year and 6 months old.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your rat. Wish him well. Do you have other rats?

Hi all

I have a very sick rat at the Vets at the moment. He was diagnosed a week ago with a respiratory infection and treated for 7 days. There has been no improvement and after a CT scan and an Ultrasound scan they have found that he has heart failure. I have been to tge vets tonight and he is so poorly. The have started Frusemide injections to see if this can help him. He is only 1 year and 6 months old.
Aw no... I"m so sorry to hear your wee guy is doing poorly. Heart failure is an awful way to go.

We lost two rats to heart failure this year-- one was 2 years old, the other was barely six months old-- so I definitely empathize with you. We had no luck with Lasix (Furosemide) injections; they just prolonged the struggle, and I had to watch my heart rat fight for breath for four days. It's a hard thing to make that final decision for our tiny friends, but sometimes it's the kindest thing you can do.

Back