Browser help for lilspaz!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Our very own lilspaz is having no success logging on to the shack. Does anyone have any suggestions or know what might be going on with her browsers?

She sent me this:
The connection has timed out

The server at http://www.ratshackforum.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I tried Chrome, IE and Firefox (my main browser).
cleared the cache.
changed proxy settings...normal is auto-detect proxy settings
rebooted...

I have NO other sites with issues, everything is loading just fine, just the Shack of course!

Arrrgggh!!

Umm... I often get "The connection has timed out" i just have to refresh the page several times, I've always though it was because of my crappy internet provider/ connection.
I have no idea how to help... Is the she only one who uses the PC/Laptop? I know in the settings some where there are settings to block certain sites!
Hope some one can help Sheelagh work out whats going on.

I told her to delete her cookies but it still didn't work. She's the only one on that computer and the Shack is the only place she has issues with.

Hopefully what BlueSkyy suggested will help. The only other thing it think of is to uninstall firefox or IE and reinstall it or see if there are any updates for the browsers!

BlueSkyy said:
These are tips for fixing WoW issues, but they should work just fine for her.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... -flush-dns

Thanks, I emailed this link to myself, and we'll see if it works. I wonder why ALL my browsers are unable to access RS? I was just fine until yesterday morning. I assumed that it would work fine again last night, but of course now ;)

Perhaps you've already tried this, but unplug your router/modem for about 30 seconds and reboot your computer. Sometimes these simple steps can resolve quirky issues like this.

KMG365 said:
Perhaps you've already tried this, but unplug your router/modem for about 30 seconds and reboot your computer. Sometimes these simple steps can resolve quirky issues like this.

i rebooted the computer but rebooting the modem is a good idea! Thanks!!

Maybe you have two flash players installed?
Type in PLUG IN'S in the address bar.
This should let you know if you have 2 installed and it should tell you what to do.
It helped me fix the same issue. <3

I had that problem yesterday for about 20 minutes and just had to reboot my computer and wait it out. :gaah: It happened after I did the foxfire updates.

I had her dump the rest of her history, cookies, cache all of it still no luck..

Can her IP be blocked on here? it is only the rat shack she cannot get to.

I started having problems viewing embedded videos on a site, and then having issues with Gmail...so I updated my firefox, rebooted my modem, did my windows updates, ran anti-malware, and now I am back :thumbup:

I think it was the modem reboot...everything seemed to work properly after that, so I have to remember that one! Thanks everyone!! :joy:

lilspaz68 said:
I think it was the modem reboot...everything seemed to work properly after that, so I have to remember that one! Thanks everyone!! :joy:

Based on what you posted, I was pretty certain the modem reboot would work. Quirky issues like that are often resolved by rebooting. :D

Back