Bronwen April 2006 to March 7, 2009 * cry *

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry, I know he was so near & dear to your heart. If she didn't do 3 years for you it's not cause she wouldn't do anything for you I'm sure, she just couldn't read a calendar or do math.

That was a loving rememberance. It's obvious so many people know and will remember her because of your sharing her. Some kids come & go in relative obscurity. Not your Bronwen. Many people will go thru their own private little eulogy to her who touched them here. And all that love & good feeling she gave them will go with her. Most of us humans won't have that many who do that for us in the end. And she had a good life and was well-loved here. To think she was days from missing the future you gave her.... But then without you it might have been the kindest thing, not all have lives all their lives or even beyond the inintial first month til the newness wears off.
This was a definite meant-to-be. She was meant for you and no-one else. And she got to be that her whole life.

Some lives we have to cry over and mourn. Bronwen's we have to celebrate and be happy for first and wish it for others second. But for you - your baby, you have to get thru her passing before you can see what a fantastic life she lived.
Hugs.

So sorry Shelagh :sad3:
She'll always be in your heart, and some day you'll see eachother again.
She was a sweetheart, from what you've written, and showed.
We'll all remember her too.
RIP Bronny

Very sorry for your loss Shelagh.
She was one of the most famous ratties on this forum (from what I can tell) and will never be forgotten.
May Bronwen Rest in Peace now and forever.

lilspaz68 said:
I had no clue that this teeny little PEW girl was going to be the one when I saw her. And to think that I almost left her behind. I put my fingers in her teeny hammie cage, knowing I could easily be nipped or she would be very skittish, but she leaned into my fingers and even tipped her cheek for rubs. I will ALWAYS be grateful to the shelter employee for asking us if we wanted another one. We were already there to pick up 3 older boys and take them to their new home, and this wee one they had found in a backyard wasn’t even advertised and they weren’t going to. Once her stray period was up she was to be euthanized. I asked when that was…and when I heard “tomorrow” that was it. Little Bronwen ended up going on a 9 hour car ride with us and cuddled in my lap for most of it.

Little Bronny’s nipples are actually rather famous on this forum, as I posted a frantic typical post of “Prominent nipples on young female…” . Yep she was pregnant…
Bronny was amazing during her pregnancy, she seemed so proud of sharing the wonder with her. She would lie patiently on my lap on my hands as I would feel the little eepers moving and pushing through her skin, she would just brux away as she lay there.
Once she had her 13 bubs, she was a wonderful mom, and I learned so much from observing her and her Bronlings. I have used her nipples post prior to birth and her weight gain chart to help out many others over the years who were trying to determine if their girl was pregnant and what should they do. So many people put up good advice in that post that I used it as a teaching tool.
Bronny was my girl…she was the one early in our relationship who was dying to bounce around when I let her out, but she would sense I was sad or unhappy and would dive under my cheek/neck and stay very very still, so I could stroke her and feel better. I considered these her ratty hugs. Once I told her I was okay, she would be off running. She was very sensitive to not only mine, but other rats feelings. She was the total motherly type and was soo good with timid rats and bringing them out of her shell.
She met and knew a LOT of rats over her lifetime, and I think they all adored her.
She was never sick, she was always sweet, albeit she got a bit chubby as she aged but it just meant more soft goodness. She loved to lie on my lap and get scratches…she bruxxed every time I touched her. She was The Rat out of all the wonderful rats I have met and as many of you know, I have known some incredible ones.
She is survived by 2 of her daughters, Angel and Namu.

After my beloved Dilbert died rather unexpectedly at 27 months (they were the same age), , I told Bronny she HAD to make it to 3 years old…she really tried and was only 3 weeks short. But I had to let her go today, I could never make my lady suffer or be uncomfortable with that swelling in her mouth. :sad3:
She slept on my bed for the last 3 days…bruxxing while I patted her, wobbling under my neck for her strokes as usual.
I will miss her so much, it’s incredibly hard to imagine a day without her…but I will continue because she would want me to. :heart:

My wee girl just home
OMGitsSomasdoppelganger.jpg

Being pregnant is sooo tiring
shesleepslikeaProtho.jpg

With her Bronling attachments
PoorBronwenhavingtodragthebabiesalo.jpg

She was so good about hats
Bronwenchristmas3.jpg

My little farmer girl
Bronnyismyhick.jpg

Her first real family
thewholefamilyofgirls.jpg

New family (Bronny on left)
wholefamily.jpg

Bronny bruxxing
Bronnybruxesforme.jpg

Megan, Angel and Bronny
MeganAngelandBronwenJuly28.jpg

Linny, her new “baby” and Bronwen who had such a sweet distinctive face
LinnyandBronwenhi-res.jpg

Bronny also used to rest her chin on my hand
Bronwengivesmearathug.jpg

She loved her log
Bronwen-ahhyesthisishomesept13.jpg

And being herself to the very end, comforting sick Linny last week, even as she felt unwell.
BronnycomfortsLinnyfeb27.jpg

Goodbye loverbean. :heart: :heart:

Good natured little Bronwen knew
Though no one else could see
Said to herself, for unborn babes
Shelaghs the one for me. :bunnydance:

Don't want or need uncaring souls
My babies for to care
A gal with humor, thanks so much
with whom my kids can share :wink:

A hunch, our little Bronwen had
of what would be in store
For little eepers in her womb
wrought havoc evermore :heart:

Keep eagle eye alert with Tuck
That boy will learn to fly
And from atop the sofa watch
my boy sail through the sky :shock:

I thought I hid those Cheerios
My stash cannot be found
Oh here they are, I wonder...
from my hammock to the ground? :cheeky:

I need some protein over here
You see it's not a breeze
to try and eat while... Hey that hurts!
Don't bite there if you please! :bunnydance:

Some little secrets must be kept
For only Bronny knows
Who fathered all these little ones
From all her many beaus :giggle:

I need a mom to help with this
On ratties must she dote
With humor, wisdom, patience please
to help me steer this boat: :hugs:

With this in mind, she went to task
a mommy for to find
And on that fine and fateful day...
I'll not be left behind! :rose:

As many as before her time
had searched for tried and true
Within a little soul is known
The Special one is you :love6:

It matters not from where they come
or what they've all been through
Their second chance at life will shine
within your rainbow hue :heart:

As once she came, this tiny girl
must part her way from you
The joy and glory of her life
will live and carry through :rose:

Your Bronwen, as with those who've gone
Will keep you well in sight
And on one fine and fateful day
Will greet you in the light. :love6:

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I very much remember that thread and silently watching Bronwen's progress! I just reread the whole thing and proceeded to look at the "growing up" pics which I didn't think was that long ago but wow, almost three years, time flies. She was definitely one of those, the special ones. I'm having a very tough time trying to grasp the concept that she's gone. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

My heart goes out to you Shelagh, I'm crying heaps over this thread, Bronny was a very rare and precious gift and she was meant to find you :nod: The time you two spent together is something to celebrate, always remember her with a smile, as I'm sure Bronny will be looking after you from rattie heaven, with a smile also. :heart: Lots of love and hugs, YAF. :rose3:

I am so sorry, Shelagh.
Wow! What an amazing and strong girl! She's been through so much and never gave up. I am sorry that she didn't make it to 3 but 35 months + 3 weeks is very impressive considering her turbulent life!

Oh my... she's just gorgeous... and such a pretty mommy... :sad3:
Thanks for the opportunity to honor her, swettie!...

Back