Brie has made it to 24 months...Wheeee!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Vanessa, AliceMcMallis and I went to pick her up at the shelte when she was 3 months old and we found these huge swellings on her throat. SDA in Ontario, Canada??? We couldn't bring her home to our resident rats just in case, and then the mad planning went on for our little Brie. She ended up overnight at a non-rat home, then taken to our vet by Alice. The vet put her on chlorpalm just in case it was a bacterial infection, because this sweet, happy girl was very healthy besides those scary lumps. So it was either SDA, bacterial infection or possibly lymphoma. :(
She then went into foster at Alice's parents for 2 weeks, but the lumps grew...so we decided to have them biopsied, but when she cut into them she found pus and drained the abscesses. The pus was cultured and it seemed chlorpalm was the drug of choice...:thumbup: So Brie came home. :) And healed up beautifully which surprised my vet completely. She was sure I would bring in a sickly rat that needed her abscesses drained time and time again. Instead she was sure I was playing a trick on her and brought in a different rat when I brought her back for her first checkup. :mrgreen:

She's one of my favourite rats, along with Dilly, Bronwen and Kamea. :) She's a happy cheerful little girl who is always bounding along. stashing, her cagemates all love/respect her (well except Asha of course :roll:). The only time my Brie gets violent is when someone goes near Her Blocks. :lol:

Sadly my Brie has chronic snuffly issues that I can tamp down but never quite cure. She also gets an occasional stinky ear which responds to the zithro/baytril combo. But the silly gal is almost always ready to bounce and play, and even still runs on her toes like a young'un. :D

Here she is just home after surgery
Brie4.jpg

Brie1.jpg

And here she is 21 months later :)
Brieat24mo2.jpg

Pose you say?
Brieat24mo5.jpg

"Am I the present?" YES, to me Brie you are!!!! My vet calls her Our Miracle Rat :D
Brieat24mo3.jpg

This is Brie's view on the world....tongue in cheek :roll:
Brieat24mo1.jpg

Brieat24mo4.jpg

Love you my little Brieling!

:balloons3: :balloons: :balloons3: your sweetie is beautiful & looks like a youngster, such a cute face, how great of you to save her, & give her such good care & love, she's a wonderful ratties Happy Birthday Cutie!

What a little cutie-pie, I love the last picture, and she really doesn't look a day older in her older shots than younger ones.
Happy birthday lady-baby!!!

Back