Boys or Girls?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boys or Girls?

• Boys

• Girls

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pauley

Just wondering what everyone's preference is.

I'd also like comments on what makes your preference special to you

I'll go first...I chose girls because they are adventurous, they smell pretty, and their obsessiveness with nesting and food hiding is funny and cute. The drawback is they aren't as snuggle-loving as boys are, until they get a little older.

I chose boys. They have much fewer tumour issues, and they are very laid back. I have noticed some of my boys are excellent stashers and are funny to watch.
Downside is they are more difficult to introduce, and they are more prone to hormonal aggression.
Evidence of boy stashing...
boystash.jpg

I chose both, neutered/spayed of course.
Males and females both have their unique qualities to them. I love watching how the male will get on the female's nerve or how they clown around to the female and she can settle him down. It's interesting to see who partner's up and some stay like that for a long time.

i chose boys myself. most of my boys have been more snuggly, though i've had my share of wonderful girls. the mammory tumors just break my heart. :( i have three girls and 8 boys at the moment, my middle girl has formed a tumor. :( it just makes me so upset. but back on topic, i love me some smushy wooshy boys. :) :hugs: :happydance:

i like both.. both sexes have great qualities.. i love how the boys are soooo squishy cuddley.. but i kinda prefer girls because .. well ... i have trouble getting over the boys goolies.. :p and they smell much stronger... i love my girls.. they are adventurous and sweet and crazy...i love my 10 girls

I like girls as well, never had a boy but I can't get over the boys "goolies" as well, I think they are gross and huge lol =X All rodents seem to be that way

trulytree said:
I like girls as well, never had a boy but I can't get over the boys "goolies" as well, I think they are gross and huge lol =X All rodents seem to be that way

I've learnt to get used to the large goolies :wink2:

I chose the option of boys. Because of the limited amount of play space I didn't need some crazy girls running around trying to find a maximised area. Thus, i got boys. Of course when they were young they were mischievious ones, but now its all hugs and kisses :tumkiss: . My boys are beautiful! :heart:

Boys, boys, boys, boys, boys, boys, boys! :joy:

I'm all about boys here... all of my own ones are and will be boys. I am fostering girls too if I have to (currently I got a trio and a pair) but I definitely prefer boys.

boys. started with two boys and only wanted one cage so contiuned to get boys to keep the ones left company after others had died. I love them :heart: .

though I have been thinking....... that I could get a girl and get her spayed and then she could live with the boys

It's a tough choice. I love them all, but I'd have to say I have a slight preference for the boys. But as soon as I say that, I think of all the things I love about my girls!

For the longest time I had a bias toward girls because the boys I did encounter had a strong smell and were aggressive. But, when I adopted my first boy I had him neutered so he could join the ladies and he stole my heart. I now have three spayed girls and two neutered boys (the neutering takes care of aggression and smell) and I love having both sexes because of their diverse personalities and both have their own unique qualities. I have one boy, Oliver, who acts more like a girl than a boy with his energy and his inability to sit still for two seconds! Both genders are so much fun!

Well I have only ever had girls and I have never even held a boy.

I love the girls because they are fun to play with but once they are pooped out from playing then they come for a cuddle.

I loves my boys!! :D Of course, I've mostly only ever had boys, but they just appeal to me more. Bigger, squishier, generally more laid back and less on the go. I like cuddlers! Although I do love playing with John's girls, they never seem to tire of hand wrestling!

Back