boyfreind taught Jasper to bite >:(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper77

my boyfriend feed my rat jasper food through the cage, and I told him not to, but he did it anyways.
the result was Jasper not tries to nip at you when you stick your fingers in the cage, and sometimes when your holding him.
what on earth do i do!

Is Jasper a single rat? Biting and such can be the sign that he's lonely and depressed. Get him a cagemate, do some proper introductions and prevent your bf from feeding them through the bars.

People kept visiting and few the boys through the bars, they now think things at the bars are food. Luckily they were already trained to come tot he door when we open it and even if hand in the cage, no bite! We can stroke the girls through the bars of their cage, I now watch visitors like a hawk...

JudeWriley said:
Is Jasper a single rat? Biting and such can be the sign that he's lonely and depressed. Get him a cagemate, do some proper introductions and prevent your bf from feeding them through the bars.

well his cage mate and him where viciously fighting so i had to separate them. and it was a burden on me to have two separate cages so i re homed the violent one. People told me i should have gotten them both neutered, but i am low income and live in a subsidized housing and live off of ssi. do you really think i have extra money for two neuters?

i wish i could make him happy with a cage mate but i don't see how that is going to work if he fights with them all the time, and i have no money to neuter them.

Back