boy made funny noise when i came home

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicky82

I've been gone from my rattie boys for a week and a half :cry: we had to leave them to go to a funeral and I missed them terribly but my mom took care of them and I asked about them all the time :)
So when I got back on Wednesday night I visited with them real quick to say hi and check them then i went and settled in, later on that night I was able to take them out and cuddle my boos but my berk Coal started making this really funny noise and I started freaking out thinking oh, no!! URI? I picked him up and listened to him closely on my shoulder and he stopped.
I picked up Chimo and he wasn't making any noise just sounded normal. I moved towards Coal again and he started the noise! so i repeated the listening and putting him down then moving towards him and as soon as i paid him attention then nothing and he hasn't made the noise since.
To describe the noise, it was a really low, sortof monkey ooo ohh noise, the oddest thing :? Could it just be he was really excited to see me? or should i be worried?

Some rats make a very low grunting noise like mamarat mentioned, they do this when they are being dominant. But the monkey noise you describe could very well be the beginning of myco. I'd get him to a vet to have a listen to his lungs.

Back