bored, lifeless, and lazy rats!!!???

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_silve:)

i have five ratties three in half my CN and the other two in the other. right now I'm still adding to the cage but whenever i put a new thing in they seem not to use it! non of them use their wheels. my two girlies don't use their climbing rope or one of their house or there fixd pringle tubes. and my boys wont use their hammock or one of their houses. plus i got those wooden knot chewer things and they couldnt care less :redhot: does any one know why they are lifeless no matter how hard i try to improve their cage? :gaah:

I play with them for about 1-2 hours a day. sometimes more. sometimes less if I am sick or something. my girlies are about 15 months, my boy fivel i have no idea but probably around four or five months and my other two boys are a around two months give or take a week

The older girls doesn't surprise me but the younger boys should be all over their toys.
Hide some treats in their new toys, that should entice them.

i did and they do venture around their cage more but not as much as when i first got them a few weeks ago. they are always asleep. and fivel only ever sleeps in one house, him i understand because he has separation issues that we are dealing with because of his history, but the other two are still young and aren't very enthusiastic . i put in a new house and the most one of them did was sniff around it and that was over a week ago!?\

on the bright side i found something terry loves! i take a cleannex box that still has most of its tissues and she goes inside it and completely hides her self! in the morning she pops out and yawns :)

my rats do not do a lot in their cages either and they are decked out to the nines, however, as soon as I open their doors, they dont stop. I have rat-proofed my apartment so they do what they want, where they want, when they want. they are so happy to have such freedom. i know not everyone can do that but for me it makes a world of difference for us!

i trust my older rats, they rarely have accidents. I can probably count how many accidents they have had in their lifespan lol. i honestly only have to pick up what they stash behind chairs and what not. such as snacks or shiny things lol. they are like magpies.

when i put them on the couch for a while they will run around but then my younger boys will hide on the back of the couch where they are fully hidden and my older boy will just fall asleep beside me! and one of my girls i let run around the living room because even though its open she never runs off my other girl would rather just sit on the couch. when i let them run around in my room, fivel will venture but dexter and casper will just explore around the contents of the CN shelf or they will climb to the top of the CN and fight with the girls.

Back