Boots has a big snout

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raindrop

My husband and I have tried to look at Boots top teeth but she will not hold still long enough. We noticed her snout seems wider which scares me. She has only been eating soft foods so I think her teeth are infected. What antibotic can I give her to help the swelling and infection. Chicky62 is looking after the girls during the holiday season for us and I would like to get this under control before we go on the weekend. Any suggestions.

ann

Can you take a pic Ann?
I've had quite a few rats on soft foods only and it never got their teeth infected. But if you find her nose to be wider than it would be a concern.
I would think that Baytril should work for the abscess.

The left side is the side that looks swollen. I have some baytril. I will try that. I also have chlorapalm but if baytril will work that is better.

Ann

It isn't the prettiest smelling. I thought at first it might have been from eating soggy nutri-blocks but when it started to swell up on the one side I figured there was a problem. I will get my husband to take a picture and we will post the nose picture tonight. She would let us open her mouth before but she wants nothing to do with doing that now. I think it must be tender.

Ann

Yah, getting her on baytril is definitely a good idea. In case there is an abscess, the antibiotics should start helping. Better to get it into her system.

Back