Boggling, wagging tails

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmabeeee1996

i’m back with more questions! My three rats prior to these two all boggled and chattered and they would even wag their tails like little helicopters when I’d pet them but my bald rat is quite young but I’ve still seen him boggle however my other guy is probably the rat that will let me pet him the most and he stretches his little hand out and he will barely chatter but I’ve never seen him boggle! Is he depressed? He has seizures so maybe his brain is just wired different?

That's so funny that your rats would all wag their little tails, it sounds so cute! :) I don't think there's anything wrong with them, none of my rats have ever wagged their tails, and they've only boggled when they're extremely relaxed! I really just think it all depends on your ratties' personality

I have videos of them doing it! It’s so funny!! I wish I could upload a video! :) they were all related so maybe it was a personality quirk that got passed down! The rat that would do it the most would also just boggle all the time and lived to be 3 and a half so maybe he was just a super happy rat lol. I guess some rats just don’t boggle!

Thank you! I’ve seen him wag his tail when he was mad at another rat as well but mostly when I pet him and he was happy haha :) when it first happened I was surprised I really didnt know some ratties did that! As for the other guy that doesn’t boggle I can tell he’s enjoying his pets I just wasn’t sure if there was something wrong with him but I feel better now that I know some rats just don’t do it.

Back