Blessed Sleep Little One: Luna

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratgamer16

Eight days ago my baby Luna died, apparently of old age. This is the first rat I have lost to old age rather than a tumor. In some ways it hurt more because with a tumor at least I had a timeline, some kind of idea of when I was going to lose her. But this time it was almost instantaneous, just a couple days of lethargy and she was gone. I bathed her one last time with rosemary and mint, wrapped her in a white shroud, and gave her to the earth. I interred her right beneath my lavender bush alongside my last three familiars. A simple wooden headstone to mark her final resting place. I write this in the hopes that it will help cleanse the wound in my soul so that it can heal, the scar tissue to remain as a last reminder that she was mine. Her sister lingers, a half-life almost. She mourns with me and I with her. I wait in fear for the time when she too will leave me for the other side of the veil.
Grievously, Her Mother

Sorry for your loss, I lost my little one a few weeks ago and I miss her heaps!! A beautiful tribute to Luna xx

Back