Biting,Playing or Fighting

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flinkylolaandtassy

So for the Past two nights whenever I go to bed I hear my rats well playing and this is normal they always run around play fighting but for the last two nights I heard well an occasional squeal and as it turns out it was my rats doing it anyway I am worried because they seem to be attacking one another and its not like they are ganging up on eachother no its Flinky will attack lola who then will attack pearl who then will attack tassy and tassy will attack flinky, ect and on [spoil:3nrc2yj9][/spoil:3nrc2yj9]and its only at night when they get really rambunctious should i be worried or is this normal silly behavior?????

Some of them could've been in heat and they could be flying around too much when touched/ humped by the other girls!

I think that as long you see that everyone are eating their fair shares (Without a bully stopping the bullied from eating), and no bite wounds/ blood I am sure they're just playing.

I have 3 males, all gotten within a day of each other. Two from a rat pile in the "snake food" rat fishtank, and another nice front of the store fancy rat. The two snake food rats are young and tussle like little puppies. The fancy rat is a bit older and acts like they are really "bothering" him at times, but I have also caught him joining in on the play and jumping around. I think the two younger rats will settle down a bit when they catch up in maturity. Do I think they are having vicious hate-fights, or male dominant fights? I think they are "playing" and that is a bit rough because they are males. They are practice-fighting. They make noise and scuff about, but I really think that it is okay, natural, normal behavior. At first I was afraid, but then the next day said "let them sort it out" and they did.

Back