BITES!!!!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattieScampie

PLEASE HELP!

My well my sisters rat ( Dougie ) BITES!!!!!!

We gave him some treats, near his bed, now when ever you go near him he bites you, and I mean lunges at you! :sad3: !

I also can't get near my little rat, Tim, because Dougie he's sooooo much older and bigger than Tim, Tim 6-8 weeks, Dougie is 10-12 weeks! :sad3: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you got any idea on how to help me & my sister and dougie and Tim!!!!!!!!
Thank you! :heart: I LOVE Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!

At his age, it's probably just either fearful or hoping for treats. What I would do is keep pulling them out and socialize with them. The more your with them the more they will know not to bite.

lilspaz68 said:
He sounds young and scared. Has he bitten enough to draw blood or is he just pinching hard?

No, not yet :? !

But I'm just worried he will draw blood, we're bringing them out tonight hopefully!
But I don't know It depends on my sister!
And the ratties of course!!!!! :heart: :heart:

Yeah, well thanks for you help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim and Dougie are amazing little ratties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your little sweeties should come out every day. They need socializing and this should be done several times a day. Just take them out and put them on your shoulder.

you should most definitely take them out every day...

even when i had my house-sat while on vacation, they were only out for an hour a day, or less, and i came back and the little guys were like two completely different rats. mine free range, so they get tons and tons of out time, but it really does affect their mood. a little bit of love outside of the cage is always greatly appreciated :heart:

sarunia

Yes, now we take them out for about half an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening, and they seem to be totally different ratties!!!!!!!

Tim, he's just GREAT, he loves to be with you, but he also likes to run around like he's a alonatic!!!!!!!!

But I think Tim would like to be an acrobat when he's older he loves!! :heart: to climb the bars and go in the hammock and go in there little tunnel That's hung up, I think that's Tim's favrouite! :heart:

Yeah, everythings GREAT !!!!! Now!!!!!!!!!!

RattieScampie said:
PLEASE HELP!

My well my sisters rat ( Dougie ) BITES!!!!!!

We gave him some treats, near his bed, now when ever you go near him he bites you, and I mean lunges at you! :sad3: !

I also can't get near my little rat, Tim, because Dougie he's sooooo much older and bigger than Tim, Tim 6-8 weeks, Dougie is 10-12 weeks! :sad3: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you got any idea on how to help me & my sister and dougie and Tim!!!!!!!!
Thank you! :heart: I LOVE Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!

hyde does this sometimes, he lets me pet him, but he will attack me, if i touch him whle hes sleeping, he is very VERY and i mean VERY nervouse of people. I got him to stalk my hand once, he pounced at it and i moved it fast enough, he goes crazy when yo uscare him. :doh:

Back