Birney RIP 01/21/2014 to 10/15/2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, not Tramadol either. Any drug, just google the drug name and metabolism. Those drugs are all metabolized in the liver.
I would probably go with Ibuprofen if needed.

Hope he makes a full recovery. In addition to our liver and kidney's processing drugs, our skin does as well - some drugs have byproducts that can be secreted through our pores and depending on the drug, it could cause some skin discoloration. I would guess this happens in rats just as it does in ppl. So hopefully as the last of the drugs he was on burns out of his system, he'll be right as rain.

Hope he makes a full recovery. In addition to our liver and kidney's processing drugs, our skin does as well - some drugs have byproducts that can be secreted through our pores and depending on the drug, it could cause some skin discoloration. I would guess this happens in rats just as it does in ppl. So hopefully as the last of the drugs he was on burns out of his system, he'll be right as rain.
Not really seeing any improvement in his color and the snot hates his "meds". He will not swollow and hold them in his mouth...

Poor yellow man, a name he now responds to, is doing worse than Streaker. Compared to Birney, Streaker looks good. Yellow man is losing weight, eating very little, cool/cold now - we have to warm him up, some what lethargic. Not sure he'll make it to his next appointment on Wednesday. He doesn't seem to be in any pain or distress. We've moved him into Streaker's cage.

Back