Bijou March 28th 2004 -- Sept. 3rd 2007

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
On June 26th 2004, I picked up the sweetest looking Siamese girl, she was almost 3 months old at the time and comes from Zen Rattery. Vanessa did part of the transport, bringing her from TO to Barrie for me.
She was a darling, a spunky, mischievous happy little girl. At about 6 months old, Bijou started to get a wee bit aggressive. She was bity and being mean to her cage mates. She was spayed at 8 months old, and became a complete doll. Bijou became my most docile, easy going and most accepting rat. She would just go with the flow, new cage, that was fine, new rats, even better. I knew I could always count on her to make things go smooth in the cage.
She was never sick a day in her life until she reached 30 months old. I then put her on meds, long term just to give her that extra help. At 33 months, she met the love of her life, Mister. He had been a lone rat all of his life but when he met Bijou, it was an instant hit. Those two were inseparable. Bijou's back legs were not as good as they were so she was having a hard time keeping herself clean but that was ok because Mister was always grooming her. When Mister died Aug 8th, Bijou became extremely lonely. She tried to find cuddles with the other two in the cage but they just weren't her Mister. Today, she's left me to go find him.
The couple have reunited and will forever be together as they were always meant to be.
Bijou, you were my princess, everybody gushed over that pretty siamese, you were the sweetest, most gentle girl and brought love to an old manrat.
I will miss you my lady.

A baby Bijou:

Bijoubaby.jpg

The first day home with me:

Bijou.jpg

A young Bijou enjoying a grape:

Bijougrape4.jpg

Some of my favourite Bijou pics:

Bijou6.jpg

Bijouupclose.jpg

September 2005, still living with the big crew:

MielleBijouFelixMagnusTresor.jpg

Dec 2005:

a012.jpg

Jan 2006:

Bijou.jpg

Bijou 2 years old:

smbijoubday1.jpg

Bijou 31 months:

Bijou31.jpg

Bijou with her Mister:

smBijouMisterball2.jpg

Bijou 3 years old:

smBijouMistercubi2.jpg

Bijou 38 months old:

smBijouMister.jpg

One of her last pictures with Mister in July 2007:

smMisterBijou.jpg

...and one of Bijou's final pics, 41 months old:

smBijou-1.jpg

:heart:

Oh Jo I'm so sorry. Bijou was a lovely lady and had such a good, long life with you and so many friends. I will miss her. :cry:

I'm so sorry. She lived out a wonderful life with you. Those pics really show how happy she was. I have never seen a more beautiful ratty.

Goodbye, sweet Bijou. Watch over your grieving mom but don't forget to run and play with your Mister. :angel2:
I'm so very sorry, Jo. :roseopen: Bijou was a very special rat and she was one of the luckiest rats to have had you for a mommy.

The most beautiful thing of her passing, is that she and Mister are now together forever. I can just see them snuggling and watching down over everyone already. Bijou and Mister have left such a big impact on everyone that knew them.

I have never been good at posting farewells, but just wanted to let you know that your rats such as Mister and Bijou inspire us, make us laugh and smile, and now make us cry.

Bijou was a wonderful little lady who will always be remembered. If only we could all be blessed to have such a long lived sweet rat as Bijou.

Oh Jo, I'm so sorry. Your tribute is beautiful and brought tears to my eyes tho I expect they'd be there anyway just knowing that shining little light has gone out.

Bijou certainly brought a lot of smiles and a lot of heartlifting to a lot of people in her lifetime thru your sharing her. And then when Mister came it was a love story you couldn't get enough of, like a favorite daily soap opera. She - and they - brought me smiles and happy tears often, always when I most needed faith in love & life & goodness.

I know this is an especially difficult goodbye for you after all this time with her. To lose your oldest and your youngest in so short a time has to be so hard for you. But at least you know Bijou is with her Mister. I hope god sends you pictures of them healthy & happy romping together in fields of flowers to make you smile. And I bet there'll be 3 of them in those pictures, with little Sheep either running ahead or behind.

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you.
Thankyou for being such a little joy in my life Bijou. Be happy baby.

I'm so sorry for your great losses this last while Jorats :cry3: I'm having a hard time keeping up with condolences, it seems like so many babies have passed over in the last while :roseopen: Bijou was a wonderful girl and I felt like I knew her and I never got to meet her except through your pictures and stories and I'm sorry for the loss of your baby sheep though such tragic circumstances :cry4:

jorats said:
On June 26th 2004, I picked up the sweetest looking Siamese girl, she was almost 3 months old at the time and comes from Zen Rattery. Vanessa did part of the transport, bringing her from TO to Barrie for me.
She was a darling, a spunky, mischievous happy little girl. At about 6 months old, Bijou started to get a wee bit aggressive. She was bity and being mean to her cage mates. She was spayed at 8 months old, and became a complete doll. Bijou became my most docile, easy going and most accepting rat. She would just go with the flow, new cage, that was fine, new rats, even better. I knew I could always count on her to make things go smooth in the cage.
She was never sick a day in her life until she reached 30 months old. I then put her on meds, long term just to give her that extra help. At 33 months, she met the love of her life, Mister. He had been a lone rat all of his life but when he met Bijou, it was an instant hit. Those two were inseparable. Bijou's back legs were not as good as they were so she was having a hard time keeping herself clean but that was ok because Mister was always grooming her. When Mister died Aug 8th, Bijou became extremely lonely. She tried to find cuddles with the other two in the cage but they just weren't her Mister. Today, she's left me to go find him.
The couple have reunited and will forever be together as they were always meant to be.
Bijou, you were my princess, everybody gushed over that pretty siamese, you were the sweetest, most gentle girl and brought love to an old manrat.
I will miss you my lady.

A baby Bijou:

Bijoubaby.jpg

The first day home with me:

Bijou.jpg

A young Bijou enjoying a grape:

Bijougrape4.jpg

Some of my favourite Bijou pics:

Bijou6.jpg

Bijouupclose.jpg

September 2005, still living with the big crew:

MielleBijouFelixMagnusTresor.jpg

Dec 2005:

a012.jpg

Jan 2006:

Bijou.jpg

Bijou 2 years old:

smbijoubday1.jpg

Bijou 31 months:

Bijou31.jpg

Bijou with her Mister:

smBijouMisterball2.jpg

Bijou 3 years old:

smBijouMistercubi2.jpg

Bijou 38 months old:

smBijouMister.jpg

One of her last pictures with Mister in July 2007:

smMisterBijou.jpg

...and one of Bijou's final pics, 41 months old:

smBijou-1.jpg

:heart:

What a grand little lady Jo! You really outdo yourself with the rats who are lucky enough to land in your home.

Don't grieve Sweetie. You have everything in the world to be proud of!!! That is one happy rat pair on the other side of the rainbow bridge!!! And they know which human they love best.

When judgement day comes, Jo, you will have a ton of supporters at the gates.

I laughed and cried when I read your post. You are marvelous. Remember that when you see your lovely face in the mirror. Your little lady, and her Mister... you did a beautiful job with them Jo. You absolutely rule! :heart:

I just want to send some hugs to your mom today Bijou. Cause both you and Sheep were especially hard losses for her, especially so close together.
And I want to tell you I miss you especially and I'm thinking of you, sweet girl.

I obviously have not been around the forum enough lately... I've missed a lot.

I'm so so sorry Jo. She was one of the truly special girls.

Oh, I am so sorry. I have not been on the Forum for ages and I did not know about dear Bijou.

What a wonderful life she had. It's a comfort to think of her with Mister again. Thanks for posting such a lovely tribute to Bijou.

Back