Big problem with Yuki - Seems like she's going to puke

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meeeeeeeh I tried strawberry jam and mixed it up the best I can with the Baytril, the Zuminess still won't eat it. Now Yuki doesn't want her Baytril either and she used to try to steal the syringue from my hand. So, I had no choice since I don't wanna miss any doses, I had to put it in their mouth directly. Took me 12 minutes to do both. Zumi cried alot but kept licking me in between the attemps with big innocent eyes and Yuki didin't cry at all but didn't stop twisting and moving around. *Sighs* Have any other ideas or some techniques to hold the rat or something to do the direct way?

Get your hands on some vanilla flavored Ensure (protein drink). crumble some wheat bread (NO CRUSTS) into the Ensure and add in the meds.

Mix it all up really good so that the bread is saturated and the mixture is thick and chewy.

Ballpark amounts are as follows:

- about one teaspoon of Ensure
- about 1/2 teaspoon of breadcrumbs
- meds

You don't want to make too much because Yuki needs to eat ALL OF IT!!!! Make sure that you give her the meds before she gets any other treats!

My boy Ben was a pain in the rump when it came to taking meds, but this concoction was successful. :bunnydance:

Hope this helps. :)

Back