Big or small igloo for nesting place

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think id keep the larger one. I always try and make houses a minimum of 9" for two rats. I don't think the entrance is big enough on the small one either, i know my rats would get their butts stuck
How old are your rats and what sex?

I have the same sized one, and I'd say stick with it. The mini is sooo tiny, 1 rat would barely fit. I thought the medium was kinda big too when I was buying it, but it gives them space to cuddle and spread out if they want. I've got 2 boys in one, and 3 girls in another. Mine also like to sleep on top, which probably couldn't happen with the mini one.

Get the bigger one, and put in scraps of fabric for them to snuggle with to help fill the extra space :)

definately keep the first. the bigger one. your rats will out grow the other. i first had gotten the smaller for my two boys, which they quickly outgrew. now i always catch em sleeping in their big igloo or one of their hammies.

I'd keep the bigger one too. My girls had the smaller one but for some weird reason they liked to flip it upside down and use it like a "boat", was very strange.

My rats never get fancy toys....they usually get cardboard boxes every few days for their "igloos" :giggle: They don't seem to mind though.

The little one is too small. Even my one month old baby was too big for it , in her mind. Sometimes, I take one of the huts and stick it inside the igloo. One of my girls loves it, since it feels more secure.

Back