Best way to get digital photos printed/saved?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I went looking for a photo of something specific yesterday and stumbled across a bunch of old photos of my rats that I didn't even remember taking.

I have so many photos of my rats and would love to have some hard copies to hold and maybe put in a collage or something, but I am afraid it would cost a small fortune to get them printed.

is there a cheap way to get fairly decent photos from digital ones? I don't really even know if any of mine are good enough quality to be printed, but it's sad that they are all in folders that aren't even named, just have the date for the title

I know it will be a huge time consuming project but I really need to get these photos stored some other way so I can preserve them and mostly so I can enjoy them

any ideas?

I use snapfish.com and they have sales all the time where you can get 300 for $3.00 shipping though is sometimes $20.00. I store them there too and send them to Walgreens for prints when they have coupons for 40% to 50% off prints. I also makes collages on snapfish.com when they have 40% prints.

I use snapfish.com and they have sales all the time where you can get 300 for $3.00 shipping though is sometimes $20.00. I store them there too and send them to Walgreens for prints when they have coupons for 40% to 50% off prints. I also makes collages on snapfish.com when they have 40% prints.

hahaha, I must have known about this site before, I went to check it out and open an acct and it says I already have one
LOL

I probably opened it and then didn't know where to start, I have SO many photos, none of the organized, dating back years now.
I've had rats since 2009, so 6 yrs of rat photos.
gawd it's gonna take me a LONG long time to sort thru all those lol

I've been missing all my past ratties a lot lately, and it makes me feel better to go thru and look at their photos
but I'm spending way too much time online, so it would be nice to have hard copies and some collages etc so i don't have to turn on the PC to see my babies

thanks for reminding me about them

If you have a Walmart near by you can order prints online and then pick them up in store. Not sure of the cost though.

As for storing them I would invest in a USB key large enough to hold all your pics just in case your computer ever crashed. I personally have an external hard drive because I also store music, movies and TV shows that I have downloaded.

Walmart where I work is relatively cheap, its about 9 cents for a 4x6 if you go in store. you can also get your photos put onto CDS throguh them as well, though i dont know the cost. Costco is cheaper for printing but you need a memebership.

Also if you want to print standard size your photos should be plenty big enough for clear photos. if you wan tot enlarge thats where you need to worry about quality. Unless it is a very small image tht you saved off the internet, most digital images taken from a digital camera will definitely be big enough to print clearly probably up to at least 5x7, maybe 8x10.

thanks everyone! now i just need to set aside a block of time to go thru the thousands of photos and pick the best ones
hmm, maybe THIS is the reason it hasn't gotten done yet, not the cost lol
finding the time to do it
:/

Back