Best temp for rats? and Humidity?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefloats

Not active.
what is an ideal temp to keep a room with rats. I can tell these bad boys kick off some heat in this room. I hope it continues with the winter.

I purchased a digital thermometer for the room shows temp in the room and the humidity. I know it says between 40 and 60% for humidity is a good level to keep it at. Is it any different for rats?

Also the idea temp for rats too?

I am really over sneezing rats, i am doing everything i can to avoid anymore LOL

The ideal temperature range for rats is 65-80F (sorry I don't know what that is in Celsius). I personally keep it at 70-72, but that is mostly just because I want the room comfortable for me too.

40-60% sounds about right. I know when it is 20% or less rats can get ringtail, and when they do get it, you need to up the humidity to at least 50%.

Sweet. I am in Indiana so no Celsius needed for me..

I wasnt sure humidity would add to the sneezes or not.

Thanks!

%50 humidity I do believe and as for temp, I keep mine at 17 Celsius ..I find anything warmer than that, and the rats get slugish, etc!

I don't actually keep it any exact temperature anymore, it was only a worry when they were upstairs (used to be a loft, so both rooms are either really hot or really cold). Their room now stays an all right temperature all the time.

Back