best rodent? (Other than rats of course)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We each had a hamster when we were kids. Hammie was mine, Goldie was my older brother's, and I forget the name of my younger brother's (maybe Teddy?), although his was the evil one of the three. Hammie and Goldie mated (sex ed!) but unfortunately some of the babies managed to escape and my cat ate a couple of them. I pryed the third one out of his jaws, but he died anyway. Then I had to go off to elementary school. It wasn't a good day...
Sorry, what was the question? LOL

Joanne said:
We each had a hamster when we were kids. Hammie was mine, Goldie was my older brother's, and I forget the name of my younger brother's (maybe Teddy?), although his was the evil one of the three. Hammie and Goldie mated (sex ed!) but unfortunately some of the babies managed to escape and my cat ate a couple of them. I pryed the third one out of his jaws, but he died anyway. Then I had to go off to elementary school. It wasn't a good day...
hahaha you went slightly off topic there :lol: but that really does sound awful, were they dwarf hamsters?

hprats said:
I think hamsters are adorable, as are mice...

I know you said rats don't count, but they take up the first 8 spots of my top ten rodent species (shh, it makes sense to me!) so I have to say rats!
:O cheating! Lol. I joke

Randomrat said:
Hamsters of course! I've never had a 'mean' hamster unless they were cage territorial and that's usually easily solved by upgrading their cage. They are misunderstood by many and it's a sad, sad thing because they make wonderful pets. They can brux and boggle too. :3

If we're talking wild animals than hamsters still win. Ever heard of the European hamster (Cricetus cricetus)? So darned cute.
hammies are so sweet. I love little syrians, especially the little fat ginger ones, they make me squeal with delight! Hehehe.

:O I just googled European hamsters, gosh, they are freaking adorable!

Livyaahh said:
Joanne said:
hahaha you went slightly off topic there :lol: but that really does sound awful, were they dwarf hamsters?
Just your regular, run-of-the-mill hamsters...... Hammie only bit me once, when he was new. Otherwise he was a lovely man hammie. :)

Back