Ben bit me again! HELP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh dear.... this is what happened when Brillo bit me. My finger swelled first, then it was swollen up to my elbow in no time, with hardly any feeling...
I was given abs via IV, and then sent home with oral abs.

poor duder, sounds like he's having trouble settling in...

So I was petting Ben this morning. I went to pull my hand away to pet him again and he got the end of my middle finger. I was quicker this time and he didn't get me bad. I was petting his face because he doesn't like his back touched.

Last night he was crawling all over me and snuggling with me. And he let me pet him earlier. He's real calm then boom. Attacks. I don't understand him.

When the 3 of them are in the tub they all get along. Bobby grooms them all and then bow down to him. They get real small and have squinty eyes, and when billy puffs up at Bobby, Bobby kicks him in the face. They all try to snuggle under Bobbys belly. But when theres a cage or the play room involved. Billy chases Bobby and Bobby screams and he's terrified to be in the cage or in the playroom when their around. I had 3 of them in my arms so I placed them in the cage to sort who was going where. And Ben just came up to Bobby and smelt him and ran off. Like he was afraid but not agressive. Now billy chased Bobby right out.

I just don't understand!!!! :cry4:

MaryCayden said:
So I was petting Ben this morning. I went to pull my hand away to pet him again and he got the end of my middle finger. I was quicker this time and he didn't get me bad. I was petting his face because he doesn't like his back touched.

Last night he was crawling all over me and snuggling with me. And he let me pet him earlier. He's real calm then boom. Attacks. I don't understand him.

When the 3 of them are in the tub they all get along. Bobby grooms them all and then bow down to him. They get real small and have squinty eyes, and when billy puffs up at Bobby, Bobby kicks him in the face. They all try to snuggle under Bobbys belly. But when theres a cage or the play room involved. Billy chases Bobby and Bobby screams and he's terrified to be in the cage or in the playroom when their around. I had 3 of them in my arms so I placed them in the cage to sort who was going where. And Ben just came up to Bobby and smelt him and ran off. Like he was afraid but not agressive. Now billy chased Bobby right out.

I just don't understand!!!! :cry4:

How was he acting when you were patting his head? You are going to really need to read his body language carefully until those hormonal rages dissipate.

MaryCayden said:
I lifted my hand up and away. He had to like lunge and jump up at my hand. Thats why he only got the tip this time.

For hormonal beasties I would only stroke from between the ears to over the shoulder...not their actual head. I found some got irritated if I stroked over their head. Dudley-Do-Bite taught me soo much :)

When i stroke him up his nose he gets that smushy face like he enjoys it. If I pat him behind his head he gets all puffed up because he doesn't like it. He starts spinning around trying to get my hand.

Back