Being mum

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 is left, my friend is giving them milk, and we see it in the stomach, and she make them go to the toilet, still they keep dying. Should I help the rest and pts? or should I go on? Tried holding mum for babies to drink, but she actually kicked the baby away from the teat, she is SO determined not to feed them

I'm really thinking that your rats are still struggling with that illness... I think it would be best to let nature take it's course. :(

Maybe it would be wise not to breed for awhile? Just to make sure all ratties are top form and healthy? I'm so sorry Bati. :(

jorats said:
I'm really thinking that your rats are still struggling with that illness... I think it would be best to let nature take it's course. :(

Maybe it would be wise not to breed for awhile? Just to make sure all ratties are top form and healthy? I'm so sorry Bati. :(
I agree.

I'm so so very sorry. :(

I think you are right, I was just so gready and wanted babies from my darling Foster before he died now they are suffering because of that :cry:

Oh Bati :( :hugs:

It's awful you're witnessing this. One or two is hard but a whole litter is something else. Don't give up hope quite yet but prepare yourself.

I don't know what to make of this, no-one has died the last 24 hours and mum has turned to her babies again, and actually bitten me and another (we fooled around with her babies, so it was ok to bite us)
minuet_dier_ungerne.jpg

Bati said:
I don't know what to make of this, no-one has died the last 24 hours and mum has turned to her babies again, and actually bitten me and another (we fooled around with her babies, so it was ok to bite us)
minuet_dier_ungerne.jpg

Either her instincts are kicking in or the remaining babies are healthy and she's not rejecting them. :)

Thanks Melissa but only 2 left, and they look so behind, I am hoping but have to hold back my love for them not to be devastated if they die

Back