Been Away Awhile

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace8670

Sorry I haven't been on in forever it feels like. I took the time I stepped back from this amazing forum to become more involved with rat rescues in my area. I've recently became part of the major one in the Reno Nevada area. I think I was so blind to the needs of rats from being neglected before I joined this forum which was only a little over a year ago. I think some where in my naievitte I just imagined everyone wanted to give their pets the most enjoyable life possible. I thank everyone from this forum who has helped me grow and become more knowledgeable in rats to help change others way of thinking. Being new to being part of a rescue if their is any advice you'd like to give as subjects The rescue should make the community aware of I will take any advice!! Again thank you so much for everything you all taught me :)

My best advice in rescue...make sure to take some time for yourself... don't burnout! It's very easy to burnout and give up.
It's so good to see you again!

I wondered where you had gone off to. Glad to see you back! :dancing:Good luck on the rescuing - how many are you up to now?

My own personal ratties I'm only up to 15 but taking in two more hopefully by next week but I will deff post some pics of the rescue ratties soon. Thankfully the rat community out here is slowly getting bigger so most of them have been set up in quarantine homes and foster homes. I'm still new to it so trying to get adjusted so I will keep you all updated on how it goes :)

Yeah we have a lot of adoption events going on in this area in march and its exciting. 8 just got adopted out. And I see people posting on our Facebook page they've totally fallen in love with rats and people are becoming so much more knowledgeable about their care. It is a really good feeling. I think its easier as well being apart of a rescue then trying to start one up on my lonesome. We can share ideas and we have more area to span out to help get rats adopted and rescued I think the hardest part though is when they come in from such horrible situations do to neglect and irresponsible owners. But its so much fun! I will start a thread with photos soon of some of the rescues I just need to get the pictures together and I will post some of my personal ratties they are all getting to big! Lol

Back