Bedtime

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

I took these pictures the day after I intro'd the girls.

Sleeping peacefully.
HazelLilyRubyAug17002Small.jpg

Ruby says 'Don't bother us mommy!'
HazelLilyRubyAug17001Small.jpg

I have determined that Lily is only one month younger than Ruby and Hazel as she is now the same size as them. Actually Hazel is the largest, then Lily then Ruby. But they are very close in size. So that would have made her 5 months when I bought her.

My girls are still really tiny, I think they always will be which is ok too. As long as they are healthy, that's all that matters.

Awwww. wuzzit love at 1st sight?
That's a beautiful thing!

LA said:
My girls are still really tiny, I think they always will be which is ok too. As long as they are healthy, that's all that matters.
JMHO, but Yup, we come in all sizes & shapes, health is what matters. No saying they won't get bigger tho with you, depending on what you feed them, I expect pet stores use cheap commercial rat mix? Even with the dreaded dried corn? I don't mean fatter tho, just bigger. We all know humans are getting bigger every generation, and a lot has to do with food of course. I've always been told my ratties are big, but I wouldn't consider them fat and unless rattie people that have seen them are lying to me they find them big but not fat. (They can get squishy in old age but they don't have rolls of fat and I've never had one waste away)...

It's probably better for rats to stay on the slim side both for mobility and cause they don't need backup stores when they're pampered pets. And maybe being scavengers for so many generations their bodies are adjusted to work on minimal stores?

But as long as my big kids don't have 'rolls' anywhere and motor rather than stroll til they are old I'm good with that. And Long as your little ones have some fat beneath the skin and are energetic I guess they're perfect!

They're scoring 100% on the contentment scale in those pics anyway!

Back