Bedding

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat_Girl09

Is fleece a good bedding if it is how do you use it? I have been doing so research on bedding. I think that I want to use fleece but I want to ask to make sure it is a good bedding.

You will have to use bedding for a litter, for that I suggest Yesterday News, I personally love it. Fleece is great if your rats are litter trained since it cheaper and cleaner then litter. To use it you'll have to cut it into needed size and you can clip it onto the level with binder clips. You can also use fleece to make all kinds of hammocks: Ratropolis: Life with Rats - Rat Hammock Tutorials

Things to take into consideration is that your rats might chew up the fleece for their nest. You'll have to have at least two rounds of fleece for the levels since you'll have to wash them everytime you clean the cage. Hope this cleared things up for you, if you have any other questions about fleece feel free to ask.

You will have to use bedding for a litter, for that I suggest Yesterday News, I personally love it. Fleece is great if your rats are litter trained since it cheaper and cleaner then litter. To use it you'll have to cut it into needed size and you can clip it onto the level with binder clips. You can also use fleece to make all kinds of hammocks: Ratropolis: Life with Rats - Rat Hammock Tutorials

Things to take into consideration is that your rats might chew up the fleece for their nest. You'll have to have at least two rounds of fleece for the levels since you'll have to wash them everytime you clean the cage. Hope this cleared things up for you, if you have any other questions about fleece feel free to ask.
Thank you for the information

Back