Beau 21 months young

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickelrat

My beautiful sweet Beau lost his myco battle but he fought so hard right to the end last night in my arms. I will never forget this gorgeous rex black hooded sweetheart.

He came to me when he was 3 months old from Bronwyn. He was the last baby from an accidental litter. I fell head over heals in love with this little guy.
06803-05-06.jpg

At first he was quite shy but he quickly grew to love his new surroundings.
07803-20-06.jpg

Beau bonded instantly with his two new girlfriends, Eve and Noelle.
08904-08-06.jpg

Here's an adorable Beau two Easters ago:
10504-16-06.jpg

Beau with two more cage mates, Max and Rudy.
24611-08-06.jpg

One of his favorite toys was, of course, the Cheerio ball.
12306-03-06.jpg

Bouncing away, not wanting to share his ball of treats. Makes me laugh each time I see this pic.
12406-03-06.jpg

Here he is last Christmas:
26001-01-07.jpg

My favorite picture of Beau:
23610-23-06.jpg

When he became ill not long ago:
DSC_7981.jpg

These are the last pictures of my Beau Beau (I would call him Beau Beau all the time):
DSC_8148.jpg

DSC_8149.jpg

Mommy loves you, Beau Beau! :(

I'm sorry for the passing of your guy, he looked like a real sweetie :tumkiss: the bouncing pic is classic, hover rat :toothy2:

Oh no, have you lost 2 in one day?
I'm so sorry :cry:

Those pictures of him with the treat ball are so cute. Don't you love when they think they've scored bigtime? Is there a bigger word than exhuberant to describe a ratties natural state in overdrive?

If only all men could get the hang of looking so proud in action but so cuddly at rest as Beau has.

My heart goes out to you today as you cry here while he frolics there.

I hope you find treats as exciting when they'e easily accessible as you did
snaffling' them Beau :kisses:

Good bye sweet Beau, you will be missed by Daddy. :rose:

And Fidget, I'm afraid I've had it backwards all this time... I've been cuddly in action while proud at rest, dammit! I'll eventually get the hang of it. :roll:

Ric

Ric-Rat-Toe said:
I'm afraid I've had it backwards all this time... I've been cuddly in action while proud at rest, dammit! I'll eventually get the hang of it. :roll:
Then maybe you'll finally earn your tail.

My deepest condolences to you too Ric. I admit I keep forgetting the hubbies when any kids go, let alone Rat Shack kids. It's not prejudicial, only familiar-icial.

Sweet Beau, his struggle was long and he finally tired of the fight. Breathe deep sweet boy!

I love that bounce pic with the cheerio ball...what a lover of life!!! :D

I am so deeply sorry :cry: What a courageous & gorgeous boy. Rest in peace beautiful boy.

:sad-p:

My little warrior rat was how I referred to him. He had a rough go from the start, being rejected from the male cage at only seven weeks with that gory slash across his eye. He was a real trooper, never flinching when I treated him several times a day. Without a doubt he was the most difficult to say goodbye to.

Perhaps it's awful but I'm so glad my housemate was ignorant and housed his parents together, it was an honour knowing little rats like him and I certainly wished the time was right for me to own rats.

I'm so sorry Nicole, for your loss. As hard as it was saying goodbye I could at least console myself knowing he went to an incredible, loving home with an owner who would give him only the best. Thank you so much for providing your care and love.

A stud among females...does life get better? ;)

So very sorry.
Thank you for telling us all about Beau :heart: and the wonderful life he had with you.
He looks so very happy in those pictures.

(((HUGS)))

Back