Bean Jan 2009 - Jan 31 2011

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

Bean's story started here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11634

Bean was my first boy. I often told Shelagh that she jipped me and instead of giving me a neutered boy she gave me a girl. He was not the cuddlebug I expected to get, not at all! He was always climbing and bouncing and not at all inclined to sit still for cuddles... Bean was a mover and a shaker.

Bean moved in with Etta, Cecily, and Peaches... that was one of those dream intros. They spent an afternoon on the couch together and then all went into a freshly scrubbed CN and were happy from the getgo. Later Pinkie joined them and they were a happy, funny crew who I loved to watch.

When Pinta, Isla and eventually Darwin came along, the existing ladies weren't being accepting but Bean made a wonderful big brother, so he left his ladies to join the new babies, which suited bouncy Mr Bean just fine. Marley and Fred joined the crew after Pinta passed and Bean, true to form, was just fine with that too.

When I went to say hi to the rats on Monday afternoon, I found Bean on the floor of the cage. He'd managed to strangle himself with the fleece at the bottom of their cage, I guess trying to get through a too small hole in the fleece he panicked and started rolling around to free himself, instead he just wound it tighter and tighter... it was so tight I couldn't get a finger in to rip it off properly. I still just can't believe this has happened.

20090621Bean022.jpg

20091203random002.jpg

20100320010.jpg

I truly thought you were going to change his name once you got him, but Bean suited him. Mexican Jumping Bean comes to mind...a very good natured one. :cheeky:

I am so sorry my Moony, horrible accidents happen to us all, and Bean had the best of life with you. ((hugs))

Back