Baytril Dosing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henishry

Hi there!

Could anybody help me dose out some Baytril for my two boys?

I have Baytril injectable - 50mg/ml

Rat weight #1 - 328 grams
Rat weight #2 - 319 ish grams

Hi, I have only used Baytril once for my rat a few months ago for a case of UTI, I do not know if the doasge is the same for other issues. The dosage info was given to me by a rat rescue person and not by a vet so I cannot guarantee the accuracy, maybe someone more knowledgeable can verify for you, but this worked for me so FYI only.

I was told the doasge was 10mg/kg, so for your two rats you need 3.28mg and 3.19mg.

Your baytril concentration is 50mg/ml. So you need to give 0.0656ml and 0.0638ml of baytril medication each time.

Baytril MUST be diluted, 1 part baytril with 4 parts of juice (I used no sugar added apple juice). So mix 1 ml of baytril with 4 ml of juice into a sterile container and use clean syringe to get the right amount from the diluted solution to give each time. With this diluted solution, you will use roughly 0.328ml and 0.319ml for your two ratties each time.

Give this dosage every 12 hours. Continue for 14 days.

Other notes - Shake well before giving the meds. I put my mixed solution in fridge (some people say dont and some say its ok, but when i didnt put in fridge the solution became cloudy i was afraid the apple juice was spoiled). I soak a small piece of bread with the correct amount of meds and he ate it. Good luck.

Back