Baytril dosage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxymachado

I just got my baytril that I got off a bird site, linked from a rat site. Its 10%
My rat that needs it weighs 290 grams(actually 289).
I'm wondering how much to dose. I think I read to mix 1ml with 3ml water, if that's right I don't know where to go from there.

p1011469-8.jpg

p1011456-9.jpg

Last edited:
You can mix 1 ml of the 10% Enro with 3 ml of sweet syrup. This gives you 25 mg/ml enro. Her dose at 289 grams would be 0.32 ml twice a day for 2-3 weeks. Is your girl sick?

0109.jpg

0108.jpg

puce-veut-sortir.jpg

0104-photo-de-odette-1.jpg

0104-photo-de-odette-2.jpg

Yeah, I got her from a freeder breeder turner HORRIBLE pet rat breeder(I was impatient and stupid, I hadn't had a rat in 12 yrs),won't make that mistake again. One out of two came with a with a URI. I started her on amox because it didn't seem that bad. Then about a week ago I was giving them a non soaped bath, and I saw her nose had started leaking. So I got some baytril. But the site that linked to the baytril went down before I got her exact weight

image-35.jpg

image-36.jpg

Hi Roxy, your dose I gave you was incorrect it should have been 0.17 ml twice a day. giving her the inflated dose won't hurt her but its best to scale it back. I'm sorry I was off my game with a migraine. :/

I wouldn't advise any baths as it is too stressful and can actually bring on respiratory infection flareups. I only bathe when the rat has gotten into some nasty, or they are old and sick and need a bit of help with cleaning.

dupinra.png

dupin1.jpg

Thanks for telling me. I went to another forum post with the same question. And their dose was for a 600gram rat. So I cut that dose in half, but than got your answer so I switched to what you told me. Is my rat going to ok? She took that dose for at least 2 days

p1011442.jpg

Back