Bambi not eating much

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
A bit concerned as Bambi isn't eating much.
When I picked her up, the woman said that she doesn't eat sometimes. She is thin, I can feel her ribs.

Bambi has been going through a great deal of changes and loss lately but the poor eating has been going on for awhile.

Have not seen her eating anything hard like lab blocks or spoon sized shreded wheat. (have attempted to look at her front teeth but not a good look yet) Could be because the food is unfamiliar to her. She has eaten some peas, banana and baby cereal. She ate about 5 peas and the rest stayed in her dish, untouched all day. She has had peas before at her previous home. Not sure if a vet apointment is in order or if she needs a bit longer.

Ideas?

Thanks for the suggestion Shelagh.

Did do that last night :) and the dish was empty this morning BUT put her in with Joy, Hope, and Faith last night (Grace was in bedroom with me so I could keep an eye on her,) as I was afraid that Bambi might be lonely. So no idea how much she ate ... did see her eat a bit tho.

Put these girls out on the couch this am with a dish of baby cereal and peas. Bambi did eat some baby cereal with the others so she is eating some ...

I just picked Bambi up from SQ this afternoon. She ate a piece of banana, a small piece of watermelon and drank quite a bit of soy baby formal......we will keep an eye on her and try to make sure she eats plenty......She is a real sweetheart.

Oh how sad.......isn't it sad to think about all that poor little girl has lost.. :( ..She probably wonders what happened to her friends.......
Beth is giving her lots of cuddles and she is eating for her so I hope she is happy soon.

Back