Bailey 08-06-08

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cityratt

I came home from work tonight to find our baby Bailey gone. She was her happy little self last night and this morning, and now she's left us.

My heart is aching, it was horrable to see her lying there - our little baby girly.

It was a pleasure to know her, even if it was just for a short time. She was so snuggly and gentle. I cant believe shes gone.

I only knew you for a short while baby girl - but you made us all smile. You'll forever be in our hearts little one.
IMG_3310.jpg

Oh Anne, I'm so sorry. She was probably just too young to have left her mommy. RIP

What an especially sweetfaced little girl. She looks like my heartrattie but much more angelic. I'm so sorry.
You can bet any rattie with an ounce of maternal instinct was waiting at the gates of heaven to run free by her side and snuggle with her after. She'll be in good hands til yours get back to her.

Oh Fidget that made me cry again - thank you for those kind words though - it really is comforting....

Thank-you to everyone else too - it really means alot guys.

I'm sure Cap'n's watching over her

You will never know what was wrong with little Bailey but if I can take this moment to preach, feeder breeders/rat mills, etc often create "genetic timebombs" and poor Bailey could be a good representative of that description. :redhot:

She was the most beautiful little thing, I am so sorry Anne. :sad3:

I am so sorry for your loss. She sure was a cutie.

Lilspaz is right feeder breeders/rat mills create "genetic timebombs" this is what happened to my Sweet Pea at 6 to 8 weeks she had a bad heart and died. It is awful to loss them so young.

R.I.P lil girlie, we saved you once... and wish we could save you again! Bailey did come a long way though. When I saved her out of a cardboard box (at some reptile guys house) she was 2"-3" long (body), she didn't have any food or water in the box they were in, there were dead rat pups in the box with them... and some rats were eating the dead bodies :( I picked 3 'boys' just to give them a good home and save them from this guy... when little Bailey turned up to me a female *sigh* lol. Hence why I had to adopt her out to Anne who was very awesome and willing to give her a great home. Bailey was such a tame cuddle bug, she would have been one gorgeous adult female rattie, that's for sure!

On a positive note, her brothers are both doing great so far. I predict they are about 7 weeks old now, and have found a new home. She was suppose to pick them up in 25 minutes, but her car is having troubles and she does not want to risk coming to get them and breaking down in this heat. It's understandable. Boy, will I ever miss these lil men or what! It was hard enough giving up Bailey, now two more gorgeous bubs.

PetGuy

I am SO sorry!! :sad3: Why we lose babies so soon is so heart breaking!! She is playing with my Unnie enjoying the sun on there faces and the grass under there feet. She KNEW you loved her how could she not? :cuddle:

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. Its always hard when one of our ratties passes on but when they go at such a young age its so much harder to deal with.

Your Bailey looks so much like my Buu in that picture. Buu was a PEW but the facial expression in the picture reminds me of the funny face she always had. Unfortunately Buu was also taken much too soon and only made it to 2 months.

:sad3: i nearly cried seeing this. so so sorry. you were a great mom to her while she was with you. :hugs:

Cityratt said:
I came home from work tonight to find our baby Bailey gone. She was her happy little self last night and this morning, and now she's left us.

My heart is aching, it was horrable to see her lying there - our little baby girly.

It was a pleasure to know her, even if it was just for a short time. She was so snuggly and gentle. I cant believe shes gone.

I only knew you for a short while baby girl - but you made us all smile. You'll forever be in our hearts little one.
IMG_3310.jpg

Oh Anne, I'm so sorry! :tearful:

I never would have seen that coming. :hugs: You were wonderful to take her in, she knew what a caring home felt like. May she play hard at the bridge!

Back