Bad news then good news

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattykins

So, we lost our Remy - the abscesses kept getting worse... she didn't look in pain though, and looked peaceful when she left - it was time for her...

She was our only dumbo and my boyfriend just loved her to pieces (mostly because of her big floppy ears) and kept saying that he wanted another... But I know dumbos can be hard to find so I wasn't keeping my hopes up...

Then, I get a call from a friend who had a friend who bought a rattie and couldn't take care of it and would I be able to take her in? yadda yadda yadda.... So I picked her up and she's found a place in my heart - not only is she an adorable dumbo, but she also is the first rat that I have ever had that loves to cuddle. I take her out and she just curls up in my arms and falls asleep :) ... I picked her up while my boyfriend was in class and didn't tell him...he wasn't all pleased as he wants me to reduce my numbers, not keep them steady, but couldn't hide the smile that was creeping on his face lol...

Anyways, we called her Tribble (Star Trek, anyone?) and without further ado - here she be!

Just look at those ears :)
2565_520191875793_164201322_3174836.jpg

2595_520258197883_164201322_3175255.jpg

Pretty markings:
2595_520258327623_164201322_3175257.jpg

She's soooo beautiful! Black hooded dumbos have to be on my list of favourites... (and I claim not to have favourites, LOL)

:heart: She is very pretty and so sweet - I'm amazed at her personality...I mean, all my ratties are loving but I absolutely love how cuddly she is :)

One question though - she's from questionable beginnings (pet store rattie) so I have an e-spay scheduled for next Monday (she was brought home from the friend of a friend just days ago) ...I don't think she is pregnant, but don't want another surprise like Mouchette gave me....

How safe is an E-spay? Would I be better off to go through with it either way, or to cancel if she's showing no signs of pregnancy by next weekend?

If she's not showing any signs of pregnancy, I'd go for it, if it's very early on, it's quite safe and it's done quite often too.

Back