"Bad" Movies You Like

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Okay, sometimes (all the time) there are movies that get made and released and, well, they just don't do so hot, for whatever reason.

And sometimes... Admit it, we like some of the "bad" movies out. So let's go against the majority here... What "bad" movies do you like?

I for one, liked the movie "Gigli" a whole lot. :oops: I wasn't so sure what everyone was talking about when they said it was the worst movie ever. No way! Worst movie ever? Have they seen any of the Air Bud movies?? It wasn't that bad.

Also... "Glitter". It wasn't horrible!! I know, those are like the two movies everyone said really sucked, and I liked both of them. Oh the shame!

There were a couple of movies that were so bad they were good. One was an oldie, Dark Star, that I saw at a reperatory cinema years ago (the 1970s) when the planned feature was not available. It was REALLY low budget -- one of the aliens was a beach ball!!

The funniest thing in that movie was really ahead of its time: the guy had a diary on videotape. I thought that was hilarious... and here now we have blogs and camcorders and youtube.

The other silly movie that I loved was Morons In Outer Space. Totally foolish, totally fun.

This would have to be "Death to Smoochy" for me. I found it inspired yet kind of wrong. Robin Williams as brilliant in it. And Ed Norton. I watch it whenever it is on, and I am always a little sad inside that the TV guides always give it a half of a star, occasionally one and a half.

I don't care what "they" say. That movie rocks.

It bombed at the box office, but I enjoyed the movie "Waterworld". I haven't watched it since it first came out so I barely remember it now, but at the time, I couldn't figure out why the movie was getting such bad reviews.

Here are a few of mine:

Howard the Duck - Super Cute Movie

Showgirls

One Hour Photo - Seeing Robin Williams in such a creepy role was very nice indeed

Fight Club - Still messes with my mind when I watch it.

Anchorman - But then again I adore Will Farrell

The Cable Guy - Again Jim Carrey...Love Him

Coming to America - One of Eddie Murphy's first movies where he played multiple characters.

Dumb and Dumber - Ok pottie humor is just funny.....I don't care who you are.

Caddyshack - Can you seriously believe that this movie got horrid reviews by film critics. I love this movie.

OldsGal said:

I really liked Fight Club. I didn't know that it didn't do well at the movies.

A movie that I like that is so old and tacky is Logans Run. I'm not sure if it was popular in it's day (1970s), but it's not popular now.

mercurydust said:
I loved the movie Waterworld. Everyone said it was a remake of Mad Max but on water...I didn' think so. I also liked Daredevil...didn't love it but I liked it.

I like Daredevil too....Ben Affleck in tight pants....come on...that is good. :cheeky:

Dewi said:
OldsGal said:

I really liked Fight Club. I didn't know that it didn't do well at the movies.

I think Fight Club did do well at the movies. It's one of my favourite and it's shown a lot on UK television (was played last week actually).

I don't really know any bad movies that i enjoyed..

The only one I can think of is "Signs". That scene with Joachim Phoenix sitting on the couch with the aluminum hat has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a movie.

As far as I'm concerned that one shot makes the whole movie worth watching.... :laugh4:

I loved Fight Club! Also one of my fav's. The other books by the guy who wrote it are great, too. And One Hour Photo! It did receive some awards. So wonderfully done. I might download it tonight...I haven't seen it since it came out and it deserves a re-watch. It was that good.

I liked One Hour Photo. Robin was excellent playing such a creepy character and his hair!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Signs was another good one too. I also liked the scene with Joaquin (not Joachim) Phoenix wearing the aluminium hat. But another scene that I liked was Joaquin watching the news where they show a bunch of hyper kids celebrating a birthday and freaking out because they saw one alien. Joaquin's facial expression was great and the thing is he watched the whole thing again just to see the monster again.

I liked the scene in the basement too when the family is hiding while we can hear the aliens doing all kind of noise in the house. Creepy!!

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Sooooooo campy-but hilarious)
Bill & Ted's Excellant Adventure
Stripes
Groundhog Day
Evolution

Back