Back from Dr Munn's - Tonka RIP :( Monkey did Fine :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. :tearful:

I hope little Tonka spent her last night peacefully.

Dr. Munn will, no doubt, help her to the Bridge in the loveliest and humane way possible.

It would be terrible for Tonka to have to suffer with such an issue, long term.

She knows who loves her, Shelagh. Always remember that their little souls are never far from you. :love6:

This act of selfless love is the greatest gift you can give her. :heart:

She will be there for you... watching from her cloud. :rose:

ryelle said:
YES!! I knew she could pull through it :D Now, fast healing Monkey!! is she coming home tonight?

on my way to get her. Do you think she would like to recover on the couch/end table? I think she would enjoy that :D I'll just get a new clean box and wipe up the mess the babies made last night...

Monkeyface and I are home...her incision is bigger than I thought it would be, but they always are. She's had some cuddles, some dinner and is now resting in her box on the end table...she'll probably rest and recover from her ordeal.

Monkeysincisionsep25.jpg

Monkeyafterhersurgerysep25.jpg

Monkeyinherboxsep25.jpg

I'll probably spend a quiet night on the couch with her...well...after I reassure little Sugarbaby Pocky that Marley was only standing on her because she makes the loudest most interesting of noises...she was screaming like a Diva so I "saved" her and she is cuddled in my arms as I type. :lol:

She was grooming in her box last I saw her...she's probably snoozing now. She gave me a kiss at the vet clinic earlier. :heart:

She and Tonka were quite the pair, but Monkey is just a smidge more attached to me than Tonks was. :mrgreen:

:hugs: Sorry to hear about Tonka. We were all hoping that she'd make it.

:happydance: So happy that Monkey's doing well.

I'm so sorry about Tonka. Beautiful girl, bet she enjoyed her time with you and got to be appreciated for who she was here. I expect when when she hit that place between this world and the next she knew how things were going to come out for Monkey and she was ok to go knowing Monkey would be ok to stay. Much as they might be selfish with treats and not usually take responsibility for each other they really seem to care for each other.
So you live up to your name Monkey and have a blast taking full advantage of the world that is yours!

Back