Baby Warrick the orphan

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unepuce said:
lindsayfawn said:

I'm sorry, that one killed me. I must nominate for RPOM! So much love and trust in this picture... :heart: :heart: :heart:

I second Unepuce's nomination.
Just catching up on this thread, such a sad start to life poor little one. I hope he continues to get stronger and grows into a very handsome manrat.

Lol who doesn't like a massage after every bath? He is so cute I love this thread you are doing such an amazing thing with him :thumbup:

So last night at 1am we boosted his feeding from 2hr and 15 min to 2.5hrs. He's doing great. We're slowly increasing the strength of the formula which takes about 3 or 4 feeding's. His poops are looking better, still yellow but not as stringy. We've been adding a tiny bit of acidophiles to his formula so that might be helping his tummy.
He is eating close to a full 1ml still.

He's doing pretty awesome :) He is 12 days old today or we think anyways lol

He will be behind on milestones. I know my babies with the problems were so he looks like he will get a slow start but it is a start none the less. He is adorable.

Warrick has just stolen my heart (along with everyone else's on this thread!) and you are doing so well with him, bless you! I want so badly to see him grow and thrive...I am cheering for this little guy so much. And what a beautiful angel he is! Keep up the good work..it is so worth it. Those photos of him being fed...sigh, the trust he has in you...such a vulnerable little bubby, and you are just doing terrific with him. Hooray for Warrick!

P.S....by the way..how on earth did a frozen package of pinkies for snakes (turns my stomach just thinking of that...vile and evil) end up having a LIVE baby in there? OMG, I have never heard of that? How could this little guy survive that? That is incredible to say the least. Do you have any details on how this happened? Thank the ratty gods Warrick survived this...

Vladina said:
Warrick has just stolen my heart (along with everyone else's on this thread!) and you are doing so well with him, bless you! I want so badly to see him grow and thrive...I am cheering for this little guy so much. And what a beautiful angel he is! Keep up the good work..it is so worth it. Those photos of him being fed...sigh, the trust he has in you...such a vulnerable little bubby, and you are just doing terrific with him. Hooray for Warrick!

P.S....by the way..how on earth did a frozen package of pinkies for snakes (turns my stomach just thinking of that...vile and evil) end up having a LIVE baby in there? OMG, I have never heard of that? How could this little guy survive that? That is incredible to say the least. Do you have any details on how this happened? Thank the ratty gods Warrick survived this...

We think that the pet store people gave her some frozen and then just put him in there too. He's some lucky that she even checked.

Warrick is moving around a lot more and tried to go on an adventure past the blue blanket lol so I ducked tapped it down. No more adventures for him there lol I put more blankets in so he can crawl between those ones instead.

He is eating a lot sometimes 1.5 ml. I know that the book says to take his body weight and times it by what ever and that is what he's supposed to eat but he's still hungry and I'm not going to deny him food. I'm taking the approach like kittens they'll stop when they're full and he does.

I'm going to try and get Ang to video when we feed him. He gets pretty excited to eat lol

Here are a couple from yesterday that I didn't get a chance to post.

Day 6
Little teeth!

Big stretch and a yawn!

Day 7 13 days old?

His fur is starting to look really gorgeous! It's so shiny. I agree with jorats... it looks like he has some merle going on. :cheeky: Does it look like that in person, too, or is it just the pictures?

GrayLightNewDay said:
His fur is starting to look really gorgeous! It's so shiny. I agree with jorats... it looks like he has some merle going on. :cheeky: Does it look like that in person, too, or is it just the pictures?

It does look like it to me too. Some spots almost look wet but they're not. He's quite the little guy!

Aww, he is just beautiful! I just showed my husband all of Warrick's photos and the video you made and my husband just MELTED...he is also rooting for little Warrick! I think he wants to run over and adopt Warrick from you, ha ha. Well, who wouldn't? Such a sweetheart and a little fighter too, eh? I agree with you about feeding him as much as he needs. I would not be able to deny food to him either!

Thanks for all the great photos and video! I am looking forward to seeing Warrick grow and thrive! I got SO nervous when I saw your cat watching you scritch Warrick in that video...yikes, there is not any possibility your cat might get into Warrick's nesting lounge and gobble him up as a snack, is there? (wringing my hands with worry) :I

I didn't see the video! I had to backtrack into the thread to find it. He's sooooooo tiny! I bet he's going to be the snuggliest thing ever when he gets older.
Also, it made me giggle when you said "Eh?" to him. I forget that so many of you girls are located in Canada. :heart:

Lol I went and rewatched the video just cause I never catched the "Eh?" The first time but it is such a shame sometimes to be so far away from Canada so many cute little ratties that need adopting up there and I must agree I think little warrick has stolen everyone's hearts. We all appreciate what you've done for him even with the sacrifice of broken sleep good thing they grow up fast at least.

Vladina said:
Aww, he is just beautiful! I just showed my husband all of Warrick's photos and the video you made and my husband just MELTED...he is also rooting for little Warrick! I think he wants to run over and adopt Warrick from you, ha ha. Well, who wouldn't? Such a sweetheart and a little fighter too, eh? I agree with you about feeding him as much as he needs. I would not be able to deny food to him either!

Thanks for all the great photos and video! I am looking forward to seeing Warrick grow and thrive! I got SO nervous when I saw your cat watching you scritch Warrick in that video...yikes, there is not any possibility your cat might get into Warrick's nesting lounge and gobble him up as a snack, is there? (wringing my hands with worry) :I

We lock the cage so Melville can't get to him. He our our other cat Kali don't go near it at all. They're really good about the rats. Melville will usually sit on the couch or bed when we have our boys out on outtime. Leroy, one of our male rats, chases the cats away lol

Here's a video of the process of feeding Warrick. It's long but this is what we do every 2hr and 45 min now lol I'll be putting him to 3hrs after the midnight feeding. yay :joy: His poops are looking so much better too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 2020215772

Awww!! I just saw the wonderful video of you and Ang feeding Warrick, and I was just mesmerized! :cloud9:

You two are the BEST mommies to little Warrick, really. I am so happy he is in such tender loving hands. I of course have to watch this video over again when my husband gets home. He will fall out of his chair from precious-overload and it gives me an excuse to get to watch it again. :D

You talk to Warrick in the exact same tone of voice that I talk to my own babies. (I have always called my rats my "babies" even after they are waaay past being baby ratties, of course!) Anyway, I loved how tender and sweet you are with Warrick..he is one LUCKY little boy, in so many ways! To think that he came from a box of frozen snake food ( :sad3: ) and lived to tell about it...Warrick is a true Miracle Baby.

Thank you so much for that video...it was just priceless. And....give all my love to sweet Warrick, with many wishes for his health and happiness. He deserves it so much! :hugs:

:heart: I absolutely love that video how precious! :heart: You will just have to keep him as one of yours I just don't see how your going to be able to adopt him out after all of this!

Agreed! I could never give up Warrick after all that bonding and special time with him. He would be with me forever. :cloud9:

Back