Baby rats in Lindsay ON- ready in 2 weeks

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No she is the previous owner of my rat Logan. She had him in with her female. From what I understand she use to have a snake, but not anymore. She said she wouldn't sell them as feeders only as pets. She seems to really love them, even if she hasn't been very smart about it. She told me she has her adult females and males separate now. And the mother is in her own cage with the babies. I also got her to switch from pine shaving to fabric or yesterdays news.

I think she just liked the idea of having babies, but now realizes how easily overwhelming it can be.

I posted the ad for her because she genuinely seems to want to find good homes for the babies, and I know that some of the best owners a rat could possibly have, come from this forum! I understand if people don't want to support someone who made a bad decision in not separating their rats, but I do believe the babies still deserve to find good homes.

If she is committed to not doing any more breeding, I'd say she's a very reasonable option to adopt from. SO glad you got her to stop using pine, I can see the fabric in the one pic :D

Yes as far as I know she isn't breeding anymore, and has her adults separated by gender. But she did tell me she got a siamese rat from a pet store, which two days later gave birth to a litter of 10. The pet store won't take the mother or her babies back.
So now she is very overwhelmed :panic: . Logan's litter is the ones that will be ready in 2 weeks, and I think the other litter will be ready in about 3-4 weeks.

I think she has learned her lesson about rats and the importance of keeping them separated unless she is will to spend the money on getting them neutered or spayed.

The three boys have a home :joy: , so now it is just the seven girls looking for a good home. Jaymee is suppose to be sending me some more recent pictures, and I will post them when I get them.

Back