Baby has a lot of Issues

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aawwww!!!! I think Wilbur got his own fan club now...LOL he is so adorable!!
I can wait to see pics of him as he get better and better!

I think you may have seen it on the FB shack page, but just in case, this is the single critter nation people are suggesting, I have 2 and they are really awesome cages...totally cured me of my cage shopping addiction...LOL

mine do have 1 extra shelf per cage and the Bass pans as well.

DSCF1195.jpg

DSCF1208.jpg

Wow, you are so brave! A new rat owner and taking in a sick little baby! Thank you so much. I am really glad he's doing better. :]

Does he drink from a sipper bottle? I wonder what that looks like, with his teeth getting in the way.

I hope he makes it through the surgery and that the surgery is sucessful.

If the removal is of any of his 4 front teeth, it is anything but simple
and the risk of the tooth growing back if even a miscropic part of the tooth bud is left behind (and not always in the correct direction) are pretty high

Well Wilbur has doubled his weight in two weeks since his first vet visit ....woo hooooo.... he is up to 182grms from his original 90grms . Tomorrow afternoon is his surgery I will let you all know how he is when I hear from the vet. I still can not believe how much it is gonna cost me for this surgery but I will do what it takes to help him. Ask all his furry friends to keep their paws crossed for him please.

We have all our toes crossed :) lots of luck from us.. make sure you have a variety of soft foods like ensure..mine will usually only drink that the first day home.

Love and kisses to Wilbur from his girlfriends! They hope he does really well with his surgery tomorrow, and will be waiting anxiously to hear...

It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you this all that Wilbur did not make it out of his surgery. Thank you all for all your help! :(

Hugs to you and your daughter right now. My boy dopey went today too. I bet he is guiding your boy that is just the kinda boy he was. Hugs to you again and again. I know from experience that these types of deaths are hard. If you need to talk find us in chat. We can mourn together..

Oh! :sad3: that is so very sad! All furry and non furry friends here at my house are very, very sorry for both yours and your daughter's loss!! :hugs: RIP Wilbur! :heart:

I am so sorry you lost Wilbur. We were all pullling for him. I'm sure he felt truly loved and cared for with your family from the day your daughter brought him home. :hugs:

Back