Baby has a lot of Issues

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To all those following Wilburs story, I have the next chapter. We were so sad about the little guy that when Elizabeth found out that his siblings had now been give to the pet store she could not sit still. I caved in and let her get 2 of the boys that were labeled as feeder rats. I hate getting animals from a pet store but I could not say no to my daughter in her grief over Wilbur. So now we have 2 boys (I am pretty sure they are boys) who would not let the staff get them and it took Elizabeth put her hands in the cage to get them out :dance: and bring them home. We have given them sweater time and they are getting use to being handled. I am also hoping to get them 2 more mates (girl friends who are fixed) as soon as I know that they are healthy. I will be asking lots and lots of questions and hoping for your guidance with our new little buddies :D We miss our Wilbur so much as he was such a special little guy that as I write this I am still tearing up for him but so happy he made me look at rats in a whole different light :heart:

http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee5 ... 20ratties/

I was just thinking about the Wilbur family wondering if you would get more rats. I am so glad that they are in your hands. They are very lucky ratties. This would make Wilbur very happy as well. :dance:

Ann

:hugs:
I am so sorry you lost Wilbur! he was such an adorable little fella :sad3:

I'm glad you were able to give his brothers a home, they are very lucky

I'm so glad you decided to continue with rats. I was worried that losing Wilbur would turn you off.....
If these rats are boys, it will be VERY obvious. They will have a large scrotum (relatively speaking) at the base of their tail. If you do not see this boy part (look at some pics on the Shack, I think even one of the RPOM winners shows boy parts), you probably have girls. If you do have girls, they may very well be PREGNANT, as most pet stores don't seem to give a darn about stuff like that.
If you are not sure, take pictures and post them and we will all chime in.
(Gosh, really hoping they're boys.....)
And does that mean you're still thinking about a couple of Petunia's girls?

Yes I do and they are def boys :dance: I will give you a call tomorrow night if that is ok.

Joanne said:
I'm so glad you decided to continue with rats. I was worried that losing Wilbur would turn you off.....
If these rats are boys, it will be VERY obvious. They will have a large scrotum (relatively speaking) at the base of their tail. If you do not see this boy part (look at some pics on the Shack, I think even one of the RPOM winners shows boy parts), you probably have girls. If you do have girls, they may very well be PREGNANT, as most pet stores don't seem to give a darn about stuff like that.
If you are not sure, take pictures and post them and we will all chime in.
(Gosh, really hoping they're boys.....)
And does that mean you're still thinking about a couple of Petunia's girls?

Welcome to GGMR!

Soon to follow GGMC!

and in between both of those you will have slight case of GGMH!

:thumbup:

Bela said:
What does that all mean lol?

hopefloats said:
Welcome to GGMR!

Soon to follow GGMC!

and in between both of those you will have slight case of GGMH!

:thumbup:

GGMR= gotta get more RATS!!! :)
GGMC=gotta get more CAGES!!! :)
GGMH=...this is a 1st...I will assume is gotta get more Help..?

Peggy? LOL

ggmr- gotta get more rats
ggmc- gotta get more cages, that usually happens because of the first one, the result of both of these are

GGMH- gotta get more hammocks because i got more cages and rats LOL

Just catching up on this thread now, I am very sorry to hear of Wilbur's passing; everyone here at my house was pulling for the little guy. But I am soo glad you got a couple of his brothers! We can all tell you will make an excellent rat mama to all your future ratties (& I suspect you do have a case of GGMR so there'll be more too :giggle: )

And yes, GGMH is gotta get more hammocks! I fear I caught this a little while back & I'm itching for a fix right now. lol
If you haven't ordered any from anyone here yet you won't understand, so... Get on that! :D

Back