baby goat rescued!! -- RIP Melanie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisK

I can hardly wait to meet her! My daughter, who lives on a hobby farm, has just rescued a baby goat. The little one is only days old, and her mother was killed on the road. She's taken the baby in, and I'm told she's sweet as sweet can be.. and follows my daughter around kinda like a dog would.. Sounds like maybe she's imprinted on her new human mom.

I am going to meet the little lady over the weekend and can hardly wait! Will post photos next week...

Oh my goodness, I love, love LOVE goats! I they're definitely my third favorite animal (Next to Rats and Wombats! :giggle: ) It's so upsetting to hear about the Momma.. but what a lucky baby. I can't wait to see pictures! :heart: :heart:

Well, finally I met her today.. Here is Melanie.. my new friend! :heart: :heart:

She may have a goat friend soon too! But in the meantime, she is very people friendly, and having a great time playing with the human kids and also with the other animals.

Those ears are to die for and that cute little face! Sad story but ends with a happy ending :D

Saw Melanie again yesterday. I'm told that my daughter is expecting an adult goat will be arriving in the next day or two. The adult is too big yet for Melanie to stay with just yet, but she will have like-species company in not-too-long a time.. Melanie is quite a sweetie pie!

aww so sweet. I love that she has a collar on.......... is it a same sex goat or a male? Not sure how goat intro work lol

Ha ha... Melanie's favorite place -- aside from anywhere with her human mom -- is the chicken coup! NOT because she loves chickens, but because she loves the chicken feed! lol... She's quite a character! :heart:

I am so so sad.. and trying not to think too much about it.. poor little baby Melanie has passed.

This lovely little baby goat was surprisingly attacked by the family pet dog. It's extremely uncharacteristic of this particular dog.. who has always been very gentle with everyone and everything. After the attack, my daughter took Melanie into the house and was preparing to sew her wounds, but found they were far greater than expected, and poor Melanie had to be helped over the bridge.

It's so shocking to me, and so sad that such a lovely little creature had such a short life. At least most of it was happy while she was on my daughter's farm.

RIP little Melanie. Thanks for sharing the journey with us.

Back