baby biting

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat

my younger boy (jacob) has been biting the other boy (edward), im not sure if its really hard biting, but its enough to make edward squeek. and he tries to bite my finger too. is this normal? will he grow out of it? or is it a sign that he could be aggressive as an adult?

edward is about 3.5-4 weeks, and jacob is about 3 weeks, just a bit younger. yes, they are young, my stepdad got them from the petstore, they were supposed to be feeders but he fell in love with them so he brought them home. and yes, i gave him crap for supporting pet stores lol

At that age there is no real aggression, babies play and shriek, sounding like they are being killed... :p

As for the nippiness with you, try eeping when he bites you, its a sound they recognize as "Ow, stop doing that!" and they should stop. You may need to repeat the lesson many times but babies are all fluff-brained anyways and it doesn't stick very well :)

Back