Babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had 4 sisters from the same litter, two faded into complete whites, two didn't fade more than just a little bit - and they started fading as soon as I got them (no pics :? )

TEKrats said:
I'm slightly confused as all roans have (or should have) blazes - (as the roan gene is linked to the recessive blazing). So what do you mean about a blaze underneath the roan marking?

It means, that he is a roan, but with a dominant blaze too. I really don't know how to explain it, but the roan marking and the fading hides the dominant blaze.
Noodle's mother was a black blazed, a non-fading dominant blaze, carrying roan. His father was black berkshire carrying roan. So Noodle got both the roan genes from both parents and the dominant blaze from his mother. In that way, he got both blazes, but the roan fading hides the other.

Jorats: I have some before and after pictures, I'll make another post with a couple of roan pictures :)

KuldC2%20022.jpg

All 5. I'm still not sure what color the light one is.

KuldC2%20024.jpg

Det kinda blazed girl

C21-1uge.jpg

Black hooded dumbo boy

C22-1uge.jpg

Siamese? banded roan dumbo boy

C23-1uge.jpg

Black berkshire roan dumbo boy

C24-1uge.jpg

Black banded mismarked dumbo boy

C25-1uge.jpg

Black blazed mismarked berkshire dumbo girl

2 weeks and 1 day old. The light wasn't good for pictures when I got home last night. But the weight is from yesterday.

C21-2uger.jpg

Apocalypse - 41 grams

C22-2uger.jpg

Lynx - 44 grams

C23-2uger.jpg

Final Strike - 41 grams

C24-2uger.jpg

Mini-Noodle, I haven't named him yet - 39 grams

C25-2uger.jpg

Fallen Angel - "only" 33 grams

Back