Babies and their special needs

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratatat

I just recently rescued a baby girl a baby girl from someone (story along with photos will be posted lately) who I would say would be no more than a few months old. I'm not sure of her exact age but I'd say she's about 2 to 3 months and if it helps she's about 3 or 4 inches. (not including tail) Anyways, I just have a few questions about her certain needs at such a young age:

I'm feeding her Oxbow Regal Rat right now along with a few little slivers of some veggies but I was wondering if there is any food that I can feed her to help her get stronger since she's still so young? And if what I'm feeding her now is fine?

I plan to introduce her to my one year old female, Lily, and I was wondering because of the size differences should I be aware of anything that happen? And is there any way I could make the intro as peaceful as possible?

Thanks in advance! :D

Boiled egg, baby cereal, ensure, canned tuna, bits of chicken....

I think 10 weeks is typically when they are considered "safe" to intro to adults. Some females are motherly and will accept them younger.

LOL yes, forgot to add that they shouldn't really need anything extra, but those are options if you really think they need a protein boost.

Back