Babies and more babies !! - Now with Pictures !

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
On Saturday I picked up the second Lincoln litter ..... A woman thought her rattie girl was a boy and ended up with two back to back litters.
The three remaining baby boys from the first litter were in the large group I was fostering for Mainely Rat Rescue (MRR).
The younger litter was being advertised as free newborns for snake food. MRR agreed to take them too so the woman said I could have them as soon as they were old enough to leave mom and she took down her ad.
The babies were 5 weeks old so I picked them up on Sat. The woman thought they were all boys But it looks like there are 4 baby girls ...... hopefully no pregnancies .... Pictures coming soon :thumbup:

The remaining Bathurst babies are on their way!
Thanks to temblabamomo who generously donated money to help pay the guy to transport them! :joy:
(MRRG said they would take them as soon as they have room.)
Pictures coming soon as well.
Yes!!! No pet store in their future :nod:
Did I mention that temblabamomo is awesome !!

The Bathurst babies just arrived .... no more danger of being sent to a pet store and eaten alive :joy:
They look about 4 weeks old ... 1 baby boy and 4 baby girls.

I put the 4 Bathurst baby girls in with the six week old Lincoln baby girls ... they are exploring the cage, and running around playing and wrestling.
I put the Bathurst baby boy in with the six week old Lincoln baby boys and the two older baby boys I kept to intro with Christmas. He is happily exploring the cage and climbing.

I'll post pictures later ... anyone want to adopt a couple of babies?

SQ said:
On Saturday I picked up the second Lincoln litter ..... A woman thought her rattie girl was a boy and ended up with two back to back litters.
The three remaining baby boys from the first litter were in the large group I was fostering for Mainely Rat Rescue (MRR).
The younger litter was being advertised as free newborns for snake food. MRR agreed to take them too so the woman said I could have them as soon as they were old enough to leave mom and she took down her ad.
The babies were 5 weeks old so I picked them up on Sat. The woman thought they were all boys But it looks like there are 4 baby girls ...... hopefully no pregnancies .... Pictures coming soon :thumbup:

The remaining Bathurst babies are on their way!
Thanks to temblabamomo who generously donated money to help pay the guy to transport them! :joy:
(MRRG said they would take them as soon as they have room.)
Pictures coming soon as well.
Yes!!! No pet store in their future :nod:
Did I mention that temblabamomo is awesome !!

Temblabamomo redefines the word "awesome." :bunnydance:

Some pictures of the 8 baby boys + 2 older babies

Older black berk baby boy and foster baby boys eating

Eight baby boys eating soy formula and baby cereal

exploring the cage ... they are all so tiny

two brothers

sweet baby boys

Some pictures of the 8 baby girls

Brave babies come out to try the food

Chubby little belly

Very active babies .... they scamper so fast it is difficult to get a picture

They're all so stinkin CUTE! how could anyone want to be rid of such adorable sweet wee ones?
Thank you for taking them in, especially during this difficult time of ankle woes.

Babies are now about 12 weeks old.
Godmother came over last weekend and helped me take individual pictures.
I took 142 pictures but haven't had time to go through them and post them yet ...

14 of the babies are going to MRR tomorrow ... it will be a difficult day for all of us.
The boys have been playing in the playpen all evening and the girls will get to play in it soon.
Trying to get ready for tomorrow ....
Took some pictures of the boys in the playpen and will take some of the girls as well
I will likely post them tomorrow.
Godmother is going to adopt the 2 remaining girls when she has room
and I am keeping the two boys from the older litters that went to MRR in June as they are Christmas' "babies"
Actually Christmas has been in with all the baby boys and I am sure that he will miss his 8 baby boys that will be leaving tomorrow. :(

Back