Atta has a tumor... bad news, they came back worse.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

Well, this is my newest journey with the ratties. My girl Atta has a rapid growing tumor, every day it gets much larger :( I made an appointment earlier this week to see Dr. Munn, but because of scheduling and her being very booked, I couldn't get in until today. Her appointment is later this morning, and I'm really hoping that once she gets a chance to see Atta, we'll be able to do a removal.

Here's her from today:

3472627557_747325959b.jpg

3473438758_b0926fb6c8.jpg

Hoping everything goes well today.

That looks like an easy one for Dr. Munn, he should be able to take that off easily enough. :thumbup:

Let me know if we need to do that "arrangement" Shel? :wink2:

I adore Atta. :heart:

Thanks! Atta has a removal scheduled for Monday afternoon. Dr. Munn said Atta was in good health for her age, and a good candidate for surgery. I'm going to be very anxious on Monday!

Thanks, I'm hoping everything goes well today! I dropped her off at 8:30 this morning and am back home now trying to distract myself long enough. She'll be home soon enough and feeling better in no time.

She's home :) Dr. Munn talked to me when I got there, and he told me it was a very nasty tumor... connected to everything, very vascular and one of those tumors that just sucks the life right out of them. Atta is doing well, but Dr. Munn had to use staples and sutures to keep the incision closed due to the location and extent of the removal. I know I made the right choice in getting Atta seen and in surgery as fast I could.

Atta's incision site looks pretty gruesome today, I'm keeping her in a small cage to restrict movement with lots of fresh water and food. She's probably going to sleep for the most part. She'll be starting antibiotics and pain killers tomorrow. I'm just glad Atta is home and tumor free.

You totally did the right thing. She is older so may not heal as fast as she might've before, but you will be very surprised at how fast they do heal, even the oldies and the huuuge incisions.

Back