atlantis rattery?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with SQ...what really really breaks my heart about those 2 girls that you lost is shortly after the second one died one my my original rats got very sick very fast and we did everything in our power to save him but sadly after the 4th day there was nothing more we could do for him and he was showing no improvements so I had to have him put to sleep. People like you who have sick rats and do nothing to save them just is gut wrenching to me...How you can sit by and do nothing is beyond me. If my vet had said to me that we could have saved our baby and I didn't have the money, I would have made it somehow...Sold my personal belongings just whatever it took. The really sad thing is that I had the money at the time but all the money in the world couldn't save him!

Reactions: SQ
you have 6 rats from her considering you said she"pumps" out rats, thats not bad, rats are like people and there are always bad seeds. you could breed two of the tamest rats and still have a bad egg. Now should you breed the bad eggs hell no. Aso ive seen a lot of people have to get there males nuetered when the time comes. does that mean there from Atlantis. and like i said you also have to smack the owners before who sent them to the rescue. Just because the rat has a bad temperament doesn't mean it was the breeders fault there are a lot of other factors like neglect and abuse. Its like buying a tv from the pawn shop than saying its sony's fault the cord was ripped out the back.

The first thing you need to remember this is a rescue based forum we will never stroke the ego of a breeder nor will we ever say go purchase a rat from breeders. If you are so fond of her you need to check the amount of litters she has produced there was over 100 when we counted a few months ago when she was in fact popping them out like tic-tacs. So yes she does IN FACT pump them out. If there is an angry part of that line she shouldnt be breedng them period and this s not the first person who has had problems with her rats. Nor will it be the last.

If you infact let a rat die due to not having money then I am unsure how you could possible say this to a rescue. Unlike you we do not pick who comes to us. We do not go shopping for our rats, they come to us in need, with health issues and in horrible shape. That being said, there is a priority list of surgeries and treatments and boys who are hormonal wont go before a tumor that is killing a girl. It is a very fine line of balance and no rescue has all the funds to support neutering every angry male. I have about 10 that need it, maybe more and 6 going in tomorrow. Saying that to her because your feelings are hurt over your breeder was uncalled for and I cannot believe you would say that to a person who helps so many.

We will never support atlantis plain and simple. If you wish to support her, please post your loving comments about how great she is on her page. We will not sit here and act like our minds will be strayed. MOst of us have been rescuing longer than most have had rats, most of us has had 10 mores rats than the average person. We rescue, we do not make lives we save them so you need to remeber that and not attack a rescuer like that. IF you do not want to see the truth in ths then you need to post that love on a breeder forum not a rescue forum. Our minds will not be changed and we already know how many babies she had, we counted them numerous times and kept track.

YOu want to learn about rats and rescues then stick around but arguing about a well known breeder who has way to many litters wont work.

Okay sorry I asked this has just turned into a lot of drama... Will say one thing I've been poking my nose round this site long enough to know there are many people who rescue on here and do wonderful things out of their own pocket to help these animals saying crap like "don't have money don't get one" is very very rude to all of those who put so much work into helping animals most people would have given up on... All I wanted was some info on a breeder and if I should be worried that bad tempered lines were being imported into my area since from what I'm reading most will end up with small rescue here where I get most of my babies from

I'm going to share my opinion because I have bought a pets store rat before. Of course I don't support this but I won't lie and say I regret my actions. I've posted the story before but she was taken out of the feeder bin to have her pretty babies, they were selling her babes and putting her back in the feeder bin. My heart told me to buy her even though it was against my belief's so I did. I didn't know until I came home but she was also very sick. Did I let her suffer or blame the pet store? NO. When you buy a pet from anywhere you should be prepared to provide vet care if that animal is sick. No excuses.

Also for you to say that after you killed two rats because of money is funny. Yes you killed them, they were your pets and you did not provide proper vet care and they probably would be alive today if you did.

Another little story. Sometimes its also the name that sells the rats. I rescued four litters in the passed 2 years. Two of those litters were from a feeder breeder that was going to let 4-5 week old babies go in a wooded area because he only wanted to keep the moms and quit the business. Now I say litters because they all came together but they were probably left overs from tons of litters.

I had dumbos, platinum, fawn, blazed, side blazed and many other fancy colours. BUT because they weren't breeder rats nobody wanted them. I actually had someone tell me they were buying from atlantis instead because they wanted a rat with a good temperament. LOL I kept most of them because I couldn't find homes and they are amazing rats, much better temperaments than the atlantis girls I had come through.

These breeders are the reason why things like this happen. For you to defend these people and throw out that comment is really disgusting. You should take a step back and think about what you're saying, look at your experience with your own rats before attacking other people.

Riot!: Be prepared for aggressive boys in your area if Atlantis rats are being brought in. I intend to post my entire story about the 4 boys that I have from Atlantis either tonight or tomorrow, just to add to the already giant pile of evidence showing why Atlantis is a bad breeder. I would post now, but I would like to cool off so I don't say anything nasty and continue the drama.

Caesar: i don't even know what to say to you... Lilspaz is one of the most kind and caring people I know. She does anything and everything for rats. You have absolutely no right to speak to her like that, especially given your history. I truly hope that you stick around to learn, but first you need to open your mind more and stop ignoring the evidence in front of you.

I'm not i was speaking about my experiance with atlantis. Since i had nothing bad happen yet im not going to run and scream not to use her. I would always tell people to rescue first dont pin me as that guy. i never said lilspaz was a bad person. like i said i would have rescued. Im only saying that because when i didnt have the money i got put down. its cool im not putting lilspaz down, i admire what shes doing. just stating the obvious. Its all business though. everyone here is still selling rats.

Last edited:
didnt kill my rats 1 died within a week without me knowing it was sick until the day it died, and the other one took awhile to show any symptoms then when i realized it was to late, murder would be me killing them on purpose.

Riot!: Be prepared for aggressive boys in your area if Atlantis rats are being brought in. I intend to post my entire story about the 4 boys that I have from Atlantis either tonight or tomorrow, just to add to the already giant pile of evidence showing why Atlantis is a bad breeder. I would post now, but I would like to cool off so I don't say anything nasty and continue the drama.

Caesar: i don't even know what to say to you... Lilspaz is one of the most kind and caring people I know. She does anything and everything for rats. You have absolutely no right to speak to her like that, especially given your history. I truly hope that you stick around to learn, but first you need to open your mind more and stop ignoring the evidence in front of you.

Could you send me a link when you post your story? My friend who adopted 1 baby already from the breeder I've been talking bout would love to read it I've been sending her all this she doesn't plan on going back to that breeder even tho she's had no babies from the alantis rats it's not worth the risk

I'm not i was speaking about my experiance with atlantis. Since i had nothing bad happen yet im not going to run and scream not to use her. I would always tell people to rescue first dont pin me as that guy. i never said lilspaz was a bad person. like i said i would have rescued. Im only saying that because when i didnt have the money i got put down. its cool im not putting lilspaz down, i admire what shes doing. just stating the obvious. Its all business though. everyone here is still selling rats.

Haha you comparing yourself to lilspaz is the biggest joke I've heard all week. You are nowhere near the same quality of rat owner as she is. You were criticized because you apparently 'had no money' but were able to spend $60 on 'dwarf' rats and then when lilspaz offered to take in the poor little girl and save her you denied your rat the chance. And we are not pinning you as that guy you are making yourself that guy. And to top it all off it is NOT business and no one on here is selling rats.

Caesar, it's clear you are still very new to rats and to this little rat rescue community. You don't know us so I can understand why you don't take our word for it. We have been around a long time and we see the damage caused by some of these breeders some worse than others and as it turns out, Atlantis is one of the worse ones.
You certainly are entitled to support that breeder but at the same time we absolutely can not and will not allow it on our forum. I hope that with time, you will come to understand our frustrations and why this breeder makes our rescue efforts that much harder.

didnt kill my rats 1 died within a week without me knowing it was sick until the day it died, and the other one took awhile to show any symptoms then when i realized it was to late, murder would be me killing them on purpose.

You were offered help and denied it ON PURPOSE. Its your fault your rat is dead. If uou wanted to rescue you would've don't even try that excuse. With the amount of rescues or free rats in need of a home in ontario, you still went to a breeder to pay for fake dwarf rats. That money could've been spent on your poor sick girl that suffered because of you.

You dont get the obvious. Because there so many breeders around and so many pet stores the areas are saturated with rats. That is the problem then you have one who is making numerous litters with in a few months while the area is overloaded. That is not ok. Here we spend our time and OUR money on these rats to clean up messes because of these people with lack of morals. There is no reason to mass produce rats you ordered from another country when rats are literally dying daily in petstores, in horrible homes, In rescues because no one wants to adopt them. You are not stating the obvious, when it comes to rescue. Now if she would of handed him off and he had to be rescued from a rescue then it would be a problem but you are not seeing how it works in rescues at all. Do you think rescues are rich? Do they have so much money that it just falls out of thier pockets? How much money have you given to a rescue? Which would of went towards a neuter or spay? what do you think she did with that money you paid for those rats? I know she didnt do a surgery that was needed. Most dont. I mean seriously. Are you rescuing taking rats in and using your own funds to save them? No then you have no clue which is why you have no idea about what a backyard breeder atlantis is. Having 1 to 3 litters a year is responsible breeders do , she had that many in a damn week. So tell me how you can be so blind that you cannot see the difference here? YOu should really look at the rats tht are starving to death or being surrendered with tumors the size of their bodies.

You certainly are entitled to support that breeder but at the same time we absolutely can not and will not allow it on our forum. I hope that with time, you will come to understand our frustrations and why this breeder makes our rescue efforts that much harder.

You guys dont now the time line of when my rats died and when i had my 2 new one's. and remember in that thread when i had a vet appointment for my sick one it just didnt make it. remember when i wanted to go the week earlier but the vet was "full". remember when it was sick than appeared fine for the longest time with no sneezing than died the next day. you might not because your not in my shoe's. like i said before im still learning and sorry i posted my opinion. and as far as the 80 dollers even if you rescue rats and have them dropped on you is no reason to complain about it, its all your decision. Your all loosing sight of the main goal. Are you a rat rescue or people who try to take down rat breeders. because there always going to be there and its going to be a long journey. And also you guys are mad i didnt rescue in the first place. You guys might need to do a little more advertising because the regular person wont know your here. I found out about breeders and where to find them a lot easier than any rescue. No need for reply.

Last edited:
OK sorry guys this is just getting into a long drawn out argument and NOTHING useful is coming of it
it's time to step away and cool off, please
I'm locking this thread as well
I have to run out but will be back to tell you my reasoning

in the meantime please read the policies of this forum, ok?
thanks for trying to keep things civil
I know these are enormously emotional subjects for all of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back