Are these weights normal?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Bean

No one is fat... most are nice and lean (adults) and the babies are nice and sleek with a little bit of baby fat. Willow is a bit solid but she has always been like that and I think it's just her build. The big boys are all a bit solid as well but it looks like it's just a normal age pudge. Are these weights good?

Boys (all weights in grams)
Moosh-about 20 months--442
Magnus-about 18 months--414
Mariusz-also about 18 months--456
Tetris-almost 8 weeks for all babies--98
Xavier---100
Java---114
Seppy---110
Sarge---116
Crest---122 ---always been the biggest. is much longer than other babies
Odin---100

Girlies
Baby Girl-Totally unknown age. Over 1 though--256
Willow Bean-a bit over 16 months--348
Brenna Boo-6 to 7 months--264
Maverick-5 months--244
Emma Lee-5 months--256
Moxie-all babies almost 8 weeks--100
Peanut---92
Isla---86
Maddie---88
Kyrie---96
Atari---88
PONG---94

Your adult weights are perfect!!! As for the younger ones, I wouldn't know, I've never weighed them while young but I think I may start, good to keep on hand.

Wonderful! ^__^ Thank you, Jo!

Dahlas, if you read this, have you weighed the Pipelets and have their weights on file? I'm sure the Pipelets are much larger than the Brennlets, but it's something to compare against :nod:

Sorry WillowBean I have never weighed them.... :(
I wish I would have but I never got around to getting a scale.....
My babies don't seem as big to me anymore....maybe I'm used to them but I think they are just average size 13 week old kids. Boys are much bigger then some of the girls. Tilly and Maisie are small (very slender).
I will try and get a scale later today....I have a friend who might lend me hers.....

Your babies look great...I woudn't worry about them getting pudgy when they are young. As long as they have enough chance to run around they will keep themselves thin....

I'll weigh everyone again tonight but I just checked Crest's weight because he is SOOOO much bigger (all around) than the other boys... he weighs in at 136 grams!! NOW THAT'S a BIG boy!! He is 8 weeks old today ^_^

I'm actually starting to get a little bit concerned about Crest... I weighed him today again because he was cuddling Xavier and was almost curled around him! He is HUGE compared to any of his siblings! Just gigantic! His weight today is 146grams... so he gained 10 grams over night. I'm actually a little concerned that he may be growing too quickly... Is this a normal weight gain for him? I'll try to get a measurement of his length and some pics tonight so you can see if he is normal looking. I'll also try to get measurements and weights on a couple of others to compare.

My Treat and Boo are large rats and bigger and grew bigger than typical males. Same with mamarat's Bear, he's much bigger than his brothers Joe and Nico.

Back