are these safe?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleHoodedRat_x

i just made these yummy loooking rat treats...i wanna make sure theyre safe before i give them to my babies. i took balls of peanut butter and rolled them in bird seed, and i put them in the fridge to chill. are they safe and everythign?

Rats have been known to have trouble swallowing peanut butter, it is only recommended in small amounts, and watered down.

I'd think it would be okay if you cut the little PB balls into tiny peices and let them have those, frozen. The fact that they are solid might also help.

The link explains why.

If you add a drop of peanut butter to something else to add flavour, then it is just a small amount and is so watered down it is safe.
Godmothers peanut butter banana yoghurt mix for example : one extremely ripe mashed banana, some plain yogurt, and a small amount of peanut butter for flavour. Mix well so that the peanut butter is extremely diluted.

Peanut butter is so sticky and thick it will kill them by clogging their throat so they can not breath.

Yes but you have to dig to look for it. When info is linked most people aren't going to go rooting around for what your point was.

Back