Are my rats strange?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

For liking their meds?

Lisbet with her zithro...runs for the cage door when she knows its Treat Time :roll:

LisbetinherKatHammietakinghermeds2.jpg

The Horde (I medicated Brie, Kamali and Kyrie)...the almost empty syringes were attacked!

Aura, her micro-eyed daughter Lucine and her other daughter Prima
AuraLucineandPrima-gimmethosesyring.jpg

And then Terra, Aura's other daughter, Dilbert on the bottom and Kamali the sick one.
Terra-gimmethattreat.jpg

I still remember the Game of trying to find the food or treat to mix their meds with to get them to eat it. :doh:

Very strange. :wink: My two hated Zithromax when they were on it and for some reason a lot of my rats hate Doxi and three hate Baytril so giving meds is a pain. :roll:

Ktina said:
Very strange. :wink: My two hated Zithromax when they were on it and for some reason a lot of my rats hate Doxi and three hate Baytril so giving meds is a pain. :roll:

doxy is always hated...its nasty. :(

I buy the generic zithro from the pharmacy, that's a lot cheaper, and my rats love it. :) They weren't fond of the Pfizer stuff that was more expensive. LOL

Well, Maggie and Emma were never impressed with meds. But, when I got Maeby and Lucille home, Maggie and Emma were still on meds, and I let them taste the meds.. they went completely nuts for them. But we'll see what it's like when it's time to REALLY medicate them. :roll:

I am so grateful that, for now, I have a winning formula for meds. Mixed with strawberry Nesquick, a drop of olive oil, a dash of Rice Dream, and a bit of baby cereal, even Baytril/Doxy are greeted eagerly!

I was worried about whether Edith would accept the addition of Pred (Rhonda hated it, and it was always a challenge to find a way to make it palatable for her), but the magic formula works just fine.

The only time I ever tried giving meds in a syringe was with Edith, who chewed the end of it to smithereens. :roll:

I LOVE that photo of Terra reaching out her little paw!

OMG! All those pictures are totally adorable! Especially Lisbet with that sweet face and her little hand around the syringe. *melt*

What I wouldn't give to see that here.... jealous jealous jealous......

lilspaz68 said:
For liking their meds?

Lisbet with her zithro...runs for the cage door when she knows its Treat Time :roll:

LisbetinherKatHammietakinghermeds2.jpg

The Horde (I medicated Brie, Kamali and Kyrie)...the almost empty syringes were attacked!

Aura, her micro-eyed daughter Lucine and her other daughter Prima
AuraLucineandPrima-gimmethosesyring.jpg

And then Terra, Aura's other daughter, Dilbert on the bottom and Kamali the sick one.
Terra-gimmethattreat.jpg

I still remember the Game of trying to find the food or treat to mix their meds with to get them to eat it. :doh:

Why should they be strange? Don't different people like different foods? So what if it is a med... all the better! You are blessed lilspaz. You will never have to force feed them something they don't like and you will never suffer under the pain of having to force something on them.

If I could; I would want my boys to have whatever it is your girls have

"I'll have what she's having"

restaurant customer in "When Harry met Sally" after Sally has the orgasm scene. ;)

Back