Applying Revolution and cage cleaning

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meghan

Ok, these may seem like silly questions, but I want to make sure I do things properly the first time.

1. Do I need to apply Revolution to my naked guy? He has got little scruffs of hair on his face and legs, but not much at all.

2. I have several spare cages that I will be using when I will be deep cleaning their current cage (FN). How should I go about putting them in their temporary cages? Do I put them in right after I put the Revolution on them? Will fleas just start spreading in the new cage?

Any other advice anyone may have to offer would be appreciated! I'd like to get this done as soon as possible!

I am still doubting it is fleas and it sounds more like mites (fleas hop).

BUT here's the beauty of Revolution. You can dose them and that's it. Revolution stays effective for 30 days which is longer than the life span of the lice, mites, whatever...

The reason you scrub cages, etc with Ivermectin is it only kills adults and when you do your 2nd dose the adults have gotten onto the bedding, cage etc...whereas with the Revolution, if they hatch, take a bite, they die right away.

I just Dose and Go with Revolution myself.

I would apply to your naked guy anyways to play it safe, it won't hurt him at all, and its better to be safe than sorry.

Gah, sorry. I don't think its fleas either. I just automatically type fleas instead of mites or lice!

Alright so I apply the Revolution and just put them back in their cage? I mean I might as well take advantage of having them out and clean it, but I don't have to do anything special with it?
Sounds too good to be true ;)

meghan said:
Gah, sorry. I don't think its fleas either. I just automatically type fleas instead of mites or lice!

Alright so I apply the Revolution and just put them back in their cage? I mean I might as well take advantage of having them out and clean it, but I don't have to do anything special with it?
Sounds too good to be true ;)

I :heart: Revolution. I have treated 40-50 rats at once, could you imagine the cage cleaning???

I would go ahead and treat the hairless, mites/lice may not be able to live on him but they sure can feed off him.

Cage cleaning may not be a bad idea, mites may be able to live off the host for several days.

If it were fleas, you would feel them and be bitten by them.

I never thought of that. My first appartment I moved into years ago had been treated for fleas right before I moved in, and I guess there were still some living because WOW did I get bit!

Do mites transfer to cats?

Shelagh, no, I can't imagine that!

^
Forsure!!

Well I'm almost half done. I've got the five girls from the lower half of the FN.

I'm going to do the boys (2) tomorrow.

Back